18 | Bus Ride

Monday

Your alarm annoyingly went off at 5am and you immediately turned it off.

You groaned when you remembered you had to get up for the long bus ride to Tokyo for the training camp.

You were barely conscious as you groggily got out of bed, your mind still shrouded by sleep.

Your coordination however was not exactly at its best, and failed you when you fell, rolling right off the bed.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck" you weeped in pain, voice muffled because your face was stuffed into the floor.

However, you begrudgingly were thankful for the wakeup call albeit it left you in a rather unpleasant mood.

🍙

You were meant to meet the rest of the volleyball team at the gym at 6am but you'd be lying if you said you were a punctual person.

It was already 6:09am and for the first time you were genuinely concerned by your tardiness.

The coach had specifically said the bus would leave at ten past and will wait for no one.

You just arrived at school.

You ran for your life, skipping meeting at the gym and going straight to the bus.

You screamed at the bus driver "WAIT!!" when you spotted him about to close the storage to the luggage.

He looked up in surprise at your dishevelled, wild appearance but he obviously knew what was good for him because he listened.

You put your luggage with everyone else's and got onto the bus, letting out a sigh of relief that you'd really made it.

The second you walked on you caught the attention of everyone already seated.

"You owe me $10"

"Fuck you"

You blinked as you watched an irritated Osamu hand his twin a $10 note.

Did these bitches bet on whether or not you were gonna make it??

And you didn't know whether to be pissed that Osamu bet against you or happy that he knew you enough to know you probably wouldn't make it — hell you're not sure yourself how you made it.

Deciding to not ask, you made your way down the bus looking for a seat.

One second you were just casually walking down, the next you topped completely sideways from the abrupt movement of the bus.

Maybe that bus driver doesn't know what's good for him after all you thought darkly.

Losing your balance you completely fell onto someone's lap to your embarrassment.

"First you walk into me now you fall on top of me?" An indifferent voice remarked.

You looked up to see the one and only Suna who looked at you in what you believed to be fake disgust.

Maybe it wasn't fake disgust on second thought.

"I just can't help it, the pull I feel for you is gravitational, some might even say it's fate." You joked playfully rolling your eyes.

You noticed that Suna conveniently had a empty seat next to him so you took it without asking since you were practically sitting on him anyway.

"Notice how I sat on the outer chair so no one would sit next to me." He cynically commented as you sat down.

"Then move."

"Ok."

You fully expected him to leave but he just sat there.

"I don't see any movement."

"Too lazy."

"Orrr you just love me." You grinned at Suna who avoided looking at you.

"Shut up" he muttered.

Your jaw dropped.

"Aw Suna you LooOooOoooVe me." You teased him, while he frowned repeatedly telling you to shut up.

This was just too funny, you didn't think Suna could express the emotion of embarrassment.

While you continued teasing Suna you made eye contact with Osamu who sat with Kita on the opposite side to your seat.

You smiled at him and was about to wave but he just glanced at you and then Suna and immediately turned away.

Your previous laughter had died now and the smile on your face was replaced by a confused frown.

That was oddly cold you thought but maybe he just didn't realise you were trying to say hello.

You shut your eyes deciding you'd take a nap to regain lost sleep and not give yourself a headache trying to figure Osamu out, after all it was going to be an 8 hour drive.

Just as you'd nearly fallen asleep you realised your head had fallen onto Suna's shoulder.

"Oh- sorry." You murmured sleepily, raising your head.

"It's fine I don't care." Suna nonchalantly said.

You subconsciously rested your head back onto his shoulder, practically asleep already but you still smiled.

Underneath that blunt, sarcastic, rude, irritating, bitchy, down right mean personality, Suna wasn't so bad.

"As Long as you don't snore, don't drool, don't sleep talk, don't get too comfortable, don't move too much..." He listed on and on but you fell asleep before you could hear the rest of it.

Suna is such a bitch.