Chapter 10

A/N: It's the bois!!

***

Altair stood before the tall wooden doors of Scorpius's room, giving three quick, sharp knocks.

"Good morning, young master. This is Altair entering."

After pausing for a second, he turned the knob, pushing the door open. In the grand luxurious bed against the far wall, he saw the brief rustling of sheets, before the familiar lump on the bed stilled once more.

Altair bowed, not a single fault in his form, and motioned for Rebecca to pull the cart with the wash pan and tea set in, to which she stiffly compiled. It would normally be Altair doing everything, but now he had a useful little pawn to divide some of the grunt work it seemed. She'll learn to not be so skittish, but it was to be expected at this stage.

Giving the awkward Rebecca a reassuring nod to where she should leave the cart, he approached the room's windows, routinely opening its draping curtains to let the light inside.

Altair hears the lump in the bed faintly shift, but he paid no mind as he continued to methodically go through each window, until the very last one right beside the bed where the young master defiantly lay, attempting to use his blankets to shield his sealed eyes from the light.

"Good morning, young master. I'm afraid it's time to start the day."

Scorpius grumbled a bit, sinking further into his pillow with a wrinkled frown.

As per their daily routine, Altair waited for a small moment, before he made his way to the cart which had been set at the foot of the bed. In the silence of the morning, his dress shoes clicked rhythmically while the wheels of the cart made subtle creaks as they rolled across the floor and over the carpet.

Routinely, he ungloved his hand and delicately dipped his fingers into the water, to which was the perfect temperature– just as he had intended, of course. Drying them and putting his gloves back on, he turned to the young master.

"Young master, your wash pan."

Scorpius grumbled again, but begrudgingly rose from the comfort of his bed, wiggling within his puffy silk sheets and shuffling to the bedside where it waited for him.

After he finished, Altair gently dabbled his face with a freshly warmed towel, its temperature similarly calculated. Altair was very thorough, after all. As he took special care around the crevasseses of the eyes whilst he went over each divet in his face, the still-dozy Scorpius lay limply in his arms, in perfect content as the soft warm cloth dried his bare face.

As Altair moved away his hand to prepare the tea, his arm was grabbed by his wrist by Scorpius, who despite his drowsiness stared intently at Altair's face through half lidded eyes.

Altair paused expectantly, wondering what he'd do next.

"... Your wound," Scorpius mumbled, his eyes still puffy. He frowned. "It's not bandaged. I thought I sent someone over to check it yesterday afternoon."

Altair blinked, then smiled. Ah right, that thing.

It had been a surprising sight to come home to, and though it was more mildly inconvenient than anything, he had appreciated the gesture since it was the young master of all people. His efforts were bearing fruit, he supposed.

"Do not worry, young master. Us beastkin heal quite quickly. It has already closed up for the most part, so a bandage would be unnecessary. And yes, the physician you sent was waiting for me upon my arrival. That was very considerate of you."