Prologue

(A/N): 

I was starting to get tired of all the same tropes being used for Isekai/Reincarnation stories, so I decided to just take initiative and write my own. I'm not going to say this is completely original either, just some of my favorite concepts mashed into one.

(Main concept was inspired by the awesome Reincarnated into an otome game and becoming the attendant of the villainess  by SoundHammer)

**WARNING** 

This story includes some messed up stuff. Although it's mostly lighthearted, there a lot of things that are referenced or implied, so if you're sensitive to things like: cursing, child neglect, child abuse, trauma, discrimination, slavery etc., please read something else.

Otherwise, feel free to read and comment what you think! Constructive criticism is also welcomed.

(All the art here is done by me, so please do not steal.)

***

"Promise me."

The man had only been known as a cruel, malicious, and snobby bastard— easy to anger, eager to kill. 

But now, with their fates now so spectacularly misaligned, that very man stood before him, looking at him with such desperate, willful eyes. His hands, which should have been tainted with the blood of innocents, were now gently grasping his own with such uncharacteristic care.

"Promise me, Altair, that you will never leave my side."

Smiling softly, Altair lowered himself to the floor on one knee, and took the gentle hands that held his own and lightly kissed the back of it.

"My lord, your wish is my command," he said to the one he called his master. "With one word, I shall go wherever, do whatever you wish. I shall bring the head of your enemies, and protect the ones you love. But above all else, nothing brings me more joy than to serve you by your side."

He looked up at his lord, his smile graced with deep rooted affection.

"My lord— If you'll have this lowly servant, until the day my breath stills, my life is yours."

His lord gave him a smile— a smile that had a hint of sadness and unfulfilled longing within it.

"Then I shall entrust my life to you."