AWAKE : EIGHT

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

I manage to wake up before my alarm, and the first thing that comes to mind is that I hope this is how early I wake up every time I need to go to school.

It's only four o'clock in the morning, and it's still dark outside. Until now, I was not used to this quiet place. Back in the normal days, at this time, my sister was now awake. I will already hear the rattles of the pots and the splattering of oils. Those smells of eggs and fried rice that she always cooks for us.

But this isn't a normal day, and I would never have a normal day for the rest of my life. 

I looked at my side and saw Nayeon, who's still sleeping and snoring loudly. I slowly tucked her into the blanket before I stood up and made my way to our kitchen.

And since she was still asleep and I was the first one to wake up, I had no choice but to cook. I never cook at our home except when Jennie or Nayeon are gone, because when those two rabbits are here, they always tease me when they see me doing some chores in the house.

sAn4 aLL d! t4mAd.

So, anyways. Since its pretty early and I have so much time to spare. I decide to cook my specialties, it's called 'burn hotdog and over-salted eggs.' :D

Don't judge me.

I once made this dish for Jennie. Nayeon was not at home at that time because of her work. I didn't take that cooking seriously, and I almost burned the whole hotdog and house because I was watching some random videos on YouTube. Jennie and I had no choice because she was too lazy to cook a meal for the both of us, and yeah, she ate my burnt hotdog and an over-salted egg.

Ever since that event happened, Nayeon didn't want me to cook in our kitchen, and Jennie would always teach and show me how to put a teaspoon of salt in the egg.

--

Thirty minutes before 6 a.m., Nayeon and I reached the Han River. She's mad at me right now because of the hotdog that I cooked again.

"What the...I TOLD YOU NOT TO BURN THE HOTDOG!" Nayeon yelled at me when she saw the hotdog I made. "You're the most terrible cook I've ever seen in my entire life."

Han River is still pretty and much more like how it looks like.. just minus the noise and the people. As we walked into the premises, savoring the silence and the feeling of being alone, I started to realize something.

Maybe it isn't so bad that humanity fell asleep. 

Maybe this is the only thing that the world needs to restore itself. 

Maybe nature made this to remind us that we are not the king and queen of the world.

Nayeon and I walked quickly to the bench we went to yesterday while I was trying to coax the angry rabbit. When we got there, we already saw everyone.

"So... what's the plan?" I ask as I walk to Tzuyu.

"We don't know yet," Tzuyu says. Her eyes are bloodshot, and you can also clearly see that she's tired because of her posture. "We have no idea where to go or where those people put our brother or sister."

"Let's just drive around for a while," Jeongyeon suggests. "Let's see if we can pick up some signs of activity."

"You're so smart, man!" Dahyun said, putting her arms at Jeongyeon's shoulder even though she barely manages to touch it because of the height difference.

Nayeon nods, her beautiful brown eyes shining "I agree. That's the only thing we can do right now."

"Very well, then." I say, "So let's go on Jihyo's van?"

We walked quickly towards Jihyo's van. "What way are we taking on? North, South--"

Mina raised her index finger, cutting me off mid-sentence. "Be quiet," she hisses, darting her eyes from left to right. "Did you hear that?

"Hear what?" Sana asks.

At first, I could not hear anything. 

Then a rumbling, like... like a car's engine. 

We all looked at the road because that's where the weird sound came from. We held our breath as the sounds got louder and louder, 

and then... 

A school bus come into view.