Home

I'm a pretty normal teenager- not very "normal", but living a pretty average life. At least until I moved to this town. I moved from my hometown to the small high school in this town. I live in one of the small apartments around the edge of town, where barely anyone went. I had to take the bus for an hour or maybe two to get to your school. It was quite boring. After all, I used to live in the center of a busy city.

I actually like it here. Well, sort of. It's a tiny town- not many people. It seems like everyone knows each other here. This is an ideal place for me. I don't like being in crowds a lot. I like this kind of thing- countryside small town. I sighed and looked out the window. I guess i shouldn't have expected much. There was a road- the one we took to get here. There were train tracks far to the right. I could barely see them. They looked like a thin rope from this distance. To our left was a large, purplish-pink building. It had a cross on the roof, so i assumed it was a church. I might as well visit it- im an atheist, but I'm always open to any religion.

I looked around my room. A mess. We moved only three days ago, so there were unpacked boxes everywhere. My room is the attic. It was a bit small but pretty nice, considering the fact that it had a big round window that i could see through. Sunlight entered through it,lighting up my room. I had to climb ladders to get up here but that was fine. There was also a little secret room that my parents don't know about. I found the note about it left by a previous owner. It said:

Look to the wall to the side, there is a little crack on one of the boards. You should be able to open a door if you pull on it hard enough. It's a little secret room, have fun with it.
~a former resident of the attic.

I haven't given it a try yet, but i might as well do it now. I got up from the bed i was sitting on and walked over to the wall. There was a little crack. I lodged my hand into it, hoping not to get a splinter. I pulled on it quite hard, and it opened up making a small creaking noise. It was a tiny room that i could barely stand in. This could make a nice place to hang around in.

I exited the room and closed the door behind me. I climbed down the ladder onto the second floor, and walked down the stairs. "Hey mom." i said, as i passed her. "Hey (y/n)." she said. She was sitting at the dining table reading a magazine. "You going out?" she smiled. "Yeah, i think I'll go walk around and maybe pay the church a visit." i answered. "Sounds great. Call me if you need anything, and be careful!" she waved at me as i opened the door and walked outside. This was definitely one of the best things about having chill parents. Going out whenever i want to.

(555 words)