The Church

I walked all the way to the church. My legs hurt a bit, but it was bearable.
I knocked on the doors of the church. "Coming!" i heard a voice say. Soon, the door opened and i saw a tall boy in a red sweater standing there. He had a messy ponytail and white hair.
And, not going to lie, he was kind of hot. "You need something?" he asked. "Yeah. Can i come in?" i said, and he shrugged. "Sure, i guess."

I walked into the church and looked around. The boy was leaned against one of the pillars.
"Why'd you come?" he said. He sounded bored. "I didn't have anything to do." when i said that, the boy stretched his arms and yawned. "Well, I'm the only one here now. The others are out to sell some shit." he yawned again. "Hey, don't swear. It's rude to do that." i said. I wasn't trying to lecture him, but it didn't seem right to swear in a church. "Fine, 'mom'". He said in a mocking way, rolling his eyes. I just ignored him. "Well, 'son', it's usualky seen as rude to swear." i ssid sarcastically. The boy didn't answer me.

"Well, since I'm here, let me intoduce myself properly. My name is (y/n), and i live at the edge of town in one of the apartments. You?" the boy wasnt even looking at me when i said that. He seemed uninterested. "You gonna answer me or not?" i said. "Name's Selever. I live here. My mom's the head nun." he said apathetically. "Nice." i said, but he ignored me.

"Listen, if you're here for the church shit like praying or reading the bible, you better come back next time. I don't give a single fuck about that kind of stuff." he raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm not here for that. I'm an atheist, y'know." i raised an eyebrow back at him. "Then why are you-" he started, but i cut him off. "I was bored." he seemed annoyed at me. "I moved here a few days ago, and i came here in the hopes of making a friend." i said, looking at him. He opened his mouth after a few moments of silence. "Are you trying to befriend me?" he said, and looked at me as if i just asked the dumbest question ever. "Precisely." i said with a smile. "Wow, didn't expect that." he said. "So is that a yes?" i asked. "Why the fuck not. But only if you don't nag at me for swearing." he said and i nodded. "Deal."

My first friend here. That was easier than i expected. "So how old are you?" i said. He looked around my age, but i wasn't sure. "17." he said. "Oh, me too. I go to the highschool over at the center of town. At least I'll be going there." i said. "I don't go to school, my mom tutors me." Selever said. "Cool, cool." i said, grinning.

Selever yawned again. "Tired?" he nodded at my question. I yawned as well. Yawns were contagious after all.

(521 words)