STRUCTURE OVERVIEW

OVERVIEW:

The American Department of Paranormal Activity, "In House" by its members or ADPA in abbreviation. Is the American Department for Paranormal Activity,  for the entirety of United States territory, as well as situations for when the Federal Government deems it necessary to use their expertise in foreign affairs.

FORMATION:

After the Silver Bridge Collapse of December 15, 1967(INCIDENT-WV-1). The Legislative Branch deemed the danger of the Mothman enough to start a major investigation, and the formation of a temporary organization with the sole purpose to capture, study, and neutralize the Mothman threat. The movement was started by [CENSORED DUE TO PRIVACY REASONS], also known as the previous senator of [CENSORED DUE TO PRIVACY REASONS].
With Alex Wozniak as The Overseer, Richard White as Commander of all armed forces in the organization involving, detaining, protecting and neutralizing targets and/or threats. Sharon Ashley as head of Discovery and information control, and finally Timothy Barker as lead Researcher. The Organization, known at the time as the "Mothman Containment Unit" or MCU, was first formed on January 14th, 1968.

While originally meant to be temporary, a few months after the conclusion of the Mothman events, a myriad of paranormal occurrences sprung up in rapid succession to each other. Most glaringly a few listening posts placed in remote Alaska to monitor Soviet activity suddenly went offline, and the circumstances of this being deemed "Paranormal" by local authorities and research organizations, gave way to the MCU being renamed to the "American Department of Paranormal Activity" and given increased influence and funding.

STRUCTURE:

The inner structure is incredibly similar to the American branches of government, with each branch, (The Research Branch, The Intelligence Branch and The Armed Branch) having the ability to challenge the authority and power of another branch. The branches also have the power to enact a restructure of themselves at the consent of the other 2 branches. This structure has one addition,
The Overseer.

The Overseer is the head of the APDA with powers such as vetoing branch actions, relocation of resources without approval of any branch, access to all info collected and stored by the APDA, the ability to freely restructure a branch, and many more. The Overseer serves as the final say in any arguments that the other branches may have. The only way to overrule an Overseer decision is for all 3 branches to unanimously vote to do so. The identity of The Overseer is to remain anonymous to all ADPA personnel except for the head of the 3 branches, as well as any others who are deemed needed to know.

RESEARCH BRANCH:
The main goal of the Research Branch is to figure out the nature of all Paranormal entities, objects and phenomenon the ADPA comes into contact with, also an accompanying goal of connecting back to normal sconce if possible.
The leader of the Research Branch is known as the "Director of Research" and is in association with a board of 10 scientists. The Research Branch has the ability to call a ceasefire on a Armed Branch hostile encounter under the guise of potentially harming scientific discovery. It can also order that the Intelligence Branch reveal certain info for the same reason.

ARMED BRANCH:
The Armed Branch's main goal is to pacify any hostile paranormal threat and secure paranormal places, entities and objects. In case of major civilian contact with a hostile entity, they are tasked with protecting civilians above all else.
The leader of the branch is the "Commander" and is supported by smaller task force heads located around the country to ensure swift and speedy response to discovery of anomalous activity.
The Armed Branch is the primary fighting force of the ADPA, and is accordingly given the resources to be sufficient in its duties, but it does have the ability to take temporary control of military personnel and equipment when deemed necessary. It can hold a vote to declare an entity a "Need to Destroy Threat" (NDT) and can kill it without approval if voted yes.
The Armed Branch can overrule certain Research Branch safety decisions, and can raid Intelligence Branch intel centers if they suspect that anything suspicious is happening in them.

INTELLIGENCE BRANCH:
The Intelligence Branch is the knowledge gatherers and keepers in the ADPA. With a "Librarian" as head and agents embedded in a myriad of places and organizations. They are given the responsibility to find paranormal entities, objects and phenomena. To keep the knowledge of these things safe, and if possible, integrate explained paranormal phenomena into regular society.
The Intelligence Branch can access all records and data the Research Branch and the Armed Branch have.

      This document is to be given to select legislative members on 2/14/2007 after the opening speech regarding INCIDENT-VA-12-NC-5