19 | Arrival

It had been about 6 hours since leaving for Tokyo and it was now lunchtime.

You took out your onigiri and paused.

Looking into the container you had packed enough for two people assuming you would share with Osamu.

However in the past 6 hours, you had slept for 3 and when you had awaken, Osamu just looked out the window and was partially hidden from your view by Kita.

He didn't appear to be in the mood for company you realised, and decided he probably didn't want you to annoy him.

Though you definitely weren't going to eat it all yourself, it'd be a waste to not share.

You glanced sideways to Suna whose dark brown bangs covered his face as he looked at his phone.

Your eyes suddenly met his narrow ones to your surprise.

"How did you know-" You wearily questioned.

"I always know when someone's looking at me." Suna shrugged.

"Oh. Well I was just wondering if you want some onigiri I have some to spare." You offered showing the container full of onigiri.

"I guess I was getting hungry, so if you don't mind thanks."

You nodded your head happily, letting him take some.

As you ate your lunch you somehow ended up gazing at Osamu again, a twisting feeling in your stomach.

Why did you feel guilty?

Sure, you pretty much always shared your meal with Osamu but it's not like it was exclusive to him.

But maybe he thought that.

Maybe it was an unspoken agreement and you didn't realise.

Are you cheating you thought in horror.

You must be, you concluded to your own torment.

You were cheating on your onigiri buddy by sharing it with another person.

The only other time you'd ever let someone else eat your onigiri was when you needed it to convince Atsumu to do something for you but he only ate one.

Today you sat here with Suna who hate half of your ongiri, just like Osamu always did.

This is ridiculous you scolded yourself, stopping your train of thought.

You were having a breakdown because of fucking rice.

🍙

The bus finally arrived and you jumped out, stretching your cramped arms and legs.

"Ooh look at this place!" You swooned upon seeing the luxurious inn you'd be staying at for the week.

"I'm glad someone has appreciation for where they stay." A grinning Atsumu said when he saw your excitement.

You laughed realising he was referring to Osamu who pretty much only appreciated food.

"I appreciate the food they serve." Osamu retorted, finally since the morning, making eye contact with you, acknowledging your existence.

"What about the people who serve the food?" You questioned reflectively, "or the people who cook it? You can't just appreciate the end result." You teased with a smile.

"I can semi appreciate them, but food is my reason for life my god my savio-" Osamu began ranting but quickly got cut off.

"Everyone hurry up, grab your luggage and get inside." Kita instructed us, to which we all listened.

"Why do you need a suitcase?" A curious Osamu asked, standing idly by as you got your luggage.

"We're staying for a whole week." You replied contemptuously, like it should be obvious.

You eyed his duffel bag skeptically, "How can you fit everything in that?"

"Just do." He stated, eyeing your suitcase back with equal skepticism.

"Uh huh" you drawled out, unconvinced.

"Yep" Osamu reaffirmed narrowing his eyes at you.

To his amusement however you suddenly burst out into laughter.

"Why was that so tense and serious?!" You gasped with laughter between words, bringing an amused smile to Osamu's face.

You finally realised how anxious you had been when the relief flooded through you.

Osamu wasn't avoiding, or acting weird and different with you after all.

You entered the inn together with your respectful luggage, where you would be staying for the next five nights.

This was gonna be such a good week, you thought happily, thinking about seeing your friends again.