Chapter 1

Thoughts of Centopia filled Mia's head as she sat in her Aunt Annie's car on her way back to her boarding school. She couldn't wait to get back there, and see Violetta, Vincent and Paula again.

Pretty soon, the car pulled up, and Aunt Annie helped Mia get her bags out of the trunk. "Your parents would be so proud that you're so excited to come back to school, Mia," she said, hugging her niece. "Want me to walk in with you?"

Mia nodded. "That would be great, Aunt Annie." she smiled.

Mia and Annie heard a familiar voice yelling Mia's name and running down the hall with her arms held out for a hug. "MIA!"

"Paula! Ohhh I've missed you!" Mia beamed, hugging her roommate tight.

"Hello, Paula, nice to see you again," Annie waved.

"Hello to you too, Miss Annie," Paula casually greeted back. "I can't wait for you to tell me all about what's been happening recently!"

"I guess your friend can take you from here," Annie chuckled, kissing Mia on the forehead. "See you in a few months, Mia."

"See you in a few months, Auntie. Tell Grandpa Renzo I say hi."

"I will."

And with that, Annie had gone.

Paula and Mia walked to their dorm room. Mia caught Paula up on what's been happening in Centopia while they unpacked.

"So, Onchao's got a new little sister and you found his dad?" Paula looked amazed.

"Yeah, that's pretty much it," Mia said. "An eventful few months, definitely."

Mia wanted to tell Paula that Violetta went to Centopia, but held her tongue. "Onchao's sister's name is Kyara, and she's the sweetest little girl."

"She does sound sweet!" Paula cooed. "Oh, I might be the first to tell you-- some new students are supposed to be arriving in a few minutes."

Mia opened the book so she could show Paula what Kyara looked like. "New students? You'd think they'd warn us."

"They're two humans and some talking monster trucks, no less," Paula explained. "They're friendly though, don't worry-- they're champion racers!"

Mia flipped to a page that showed a picture of Onchao blowing raspberries on Kyara's tummy while their parents watched. As Paula giggled, Mia couldn't help but wonder what having monster machines at their school would be like.

"Kyara looks adorable!"

Mia would have to think about this later; Centopia was calling!

"I gotta go, Paula-- keep me posted!" she told her friend. Mia flipped to a page and read the runes. "Got it-- wish me luck!"

"Good luck, Mia!"

Mia tapped her bracelet. "Hi, Mia, say your password."
~~~
At the same time, the said group of Monster Machines, led by none other than Blaze himself, arrived inside the building.

"Here we are, guys-- our home away from home for the next few months," Blaze sighed. "What do you think?"

Paula thought of an excuse in case anyone asked where Mia went.

"It's not bad, but... why are we here again?" Darington asked.

"It's not to further educate ourselves, is it? I'm already a genius!" Crusher scoffed.

"Yeah right," Starla spat. "We're here to take a break from racin' and have a little fun."

"Come on-- I think our dorms are upstairs," AJ urged, and they all followed him up the stairs.