Bree

When Bree arrived at school the next day, she noticed that all anyone could talk about was the body found in east lake yesterday. Since it had not yet been identified, everyone was speculating as to exactly who the corpse was. There were a fair share of missing person cases that fit the description of the body, so it was only a matter of time before the coroner would figure out who the body belonged to. For once, Bree's mind was not on Thomas Blue.
She too had her theories about the case. Theories she discussed in detail with Mary Anne in first period. Most of the time, Bree was an attentive student who always paid attention in class, but since they were given a free period by their history teacher, they chatted the entire lesson. It wasn't like they were they only ones doing so. The entire class was busy playing detective and discussing their own theories, however ridiculous they sounded.

By the time her lunch period rolled around, Bree had barely gotten any work done in any of the classes she attended. Every teacher was somewhat lenient, considering the situation. Most of them took it easy when it came to their lessons. The only teacher who unsurprisingly did not care about the circumstances was Bree's biology teacher, Mrs. Hastings. She had prepared a lovely hour long pop-quiz that absolutely none of Bree's classmates were prepared for.
Bree walked into the lunch room and quickly looked around to see if she could spot Thomas. Shockingly, he was nowhere to be found. This disappointing discovery led Bree to lose her appetite. She began to think of all the places he could be. Maybe he's in a student council meeting, or band practice ran late?She thought to herself. Maybe he's sick? Maybe he's tutoring someone? The truth is there were dozens of reason that could explain exactly why Thomas Blue was not in the lunchroom.

While looking around, Bree noticed Mary Anne waving to her from across the room. She waved back to her blue haired friend and hurried to the table that she was sitting at.
"Bitch, you're never gonna believe this," Mary Anne exclaimed as Bree took a seat next to her. This statement intrigued the girl. Mary Anne was not usually this excited.

"What? Tell me," Bree asked while pulling out a sandwich from her backpack.

"Georgie Moore invited me to her party. Personally. Georgia fucking Moore!" She announced excitedly. Bree shrugged her shoulders, confused as to who this Georgia Moore was and why she was so important. "Um, hello? Georgia Moore? She's like known for throwing the best parties in West Lake High history!" She exclaimed. Bree faintly recalled someone mentioning going to one of Georgia's parties a while back. "So I'm extending her invitation to you. You're going. I'm going. We're going." Bree wasn't sure what to say. It had been a while since she'd been to a party. She wasn't exactly friends with enough people to get invited to parties regularly.

"Um....ok I guess?" Bree uttered with uncertainty in her voice. The girl took a bite of her sandwich, and her mind began to wander. Was this a smart thing to do, agreeing to go? She thought to herself. Especially after the events that occurred yesterday. She wondered why Georgia would throw a party at this time. Wasn't it in bad taste to throw a get together right after the authorities discovered a body? Bree wondered. She speculated the town was used to bad news. So yesterday's discovery was business as usual. Life went on apparently.

"Did you really just say 'I guess' Bree? This is one of the best things to happen to us in a while," she declared with raised eyebrows.

"When is it?" Bree asked after rolling her eyes at Mary.

"Tomorrow night. I've already secured us a ride with Evan," she responded. Bree was in shock. Did she mean Evan Bailey?

"You mean Evan Bailey?" Bree asked with confusion in her voice. Mary nodded and her cheeks began to flush red. "Oh god, Mary. You can't be serious." Bree said to her blushing friend. She knew her friend had questionable taste in men, and even more questionable taste in women, but this was unlike her.

"What? He's cute." Mary remarked while smiling ear to ear. She took one big final bite of her turkey sandwich and threw the wrapper in her tote bag.
"Now we gotta figure out what we're gonna wear." While Bree thought Evan was a questionable character, she was happy for her friend.
After Bree finished her sandwich, The pair discussed possible outfit and hairstyle ideas for the rest of the lunch period.

While Bree was excited to finally go to a proper party, she couldn't stop wondering if Thomas Blue was going to be there. She assumed he was, considering he was a social butterfly. Of course he probably knew Georgia, so the likelihood of him going was high.
While Bree attended her two last classes, the thought of seeing Thomas tomorrow consumed her thoughts. I have to look my best, the girl thought to herself. Because tomorrow night is the night I finally talk to him.

..............

Author's note

I know this was a short chapter, but I promise shit is about to go DOWN in the next one. So please keep reading. It means a lot to me if you do!