Chapter 1

"The answers you seek are hidden between Leo and Libra. Don't trust the flames..."

Teja flipped to the final page of the book as she sat in her vanity, trying to drown out the conversation happening on the other side. It was how she was on her one-day shoots. When she wasn't shooting for her vlogs (and this was one of the days when she wasn't in the mood), she had her nose buried in her book, after the usual polite, small talk that you had with your co-actors. She wasn't trying to be rude or anything but Teja preferred to stay reserved when it wasn't needed and it seemed to her that it wasn't... or that's what she thought.

"And I was beginning to think we were destined to fall at their mercy..." A male voice read the last line for her out loud and she jerked up in surprise, her chin slightly raised to notice Mr. Intruder, who turned out to be one of her co-actors; Karan Kundrra. He had his eyes on the text of my book and later found their way to mine, filled with curiosity.

"You don't come off as someone who would be interested in the stars."

His question definitely made her quirk her eyebrows since he knew nothing about her.

"I mean you look more practical. That's what I gathered from the debates earlier."

"So a practical person can't believe in astrology?" She questioned him back challengingly but decided she didn't want to know the answer. "Anyway, you're right. It's just an interesting book. Figured I could give it a read. " Teja smiled at him, not at all bothered with his misinformed assumptions of her. If he liked to believe he had her figured out, what did it matter? Even if his assumptions were all false because Teja was anything but practical. There were parts of her that believed in fairytales, myths, creatures, fantasy, and all the crazy stuff the world could cook. That didn't mean she wasn't practical in life. She could make decisions realistically and for the long run so maybe he wasn't entirely wrong.

"But they are right, you know? Shouldn't ever trust a fire sign."

"Probably but they are pretty alluring. Always have the right way with words." If anyone knew about a fire sign, it was her. Nothing good, of course. Which was why she always had layers of protective wall in front of her but Teja wasn't one to deny the reality. There was a reason why the book warned them about the flames.

"You don't think I have the right way with words?" He asked her, his tone evidently flirtatious.

In different circumstances, Teja might have been playful, or even flirt back but one, she wasn't in the mood. Second, she had seen him earlier and he was like this with everyone so the girl in her wasn't too keen on playing that game. "Wouldn't know." Teja gave him a sweet smile, closing her book just as her phone rang. Her driver had arrived so that was her queue to leave. "Well, goodbye." Dropping her makeup kit in her bag, she had assumed he'd be gone by then but Karan didn't budge. Actually, he didn't seem like he was done.

"Do you have plans tonight?"

Okay... that was direct. Teja turned slowly, a little wary but before she could answer, a female voice singsonged her way through.

"Of course she does. She's got plans with her books in her room in PJ's. Fun, no?"

Teja rolled her eyes at Rashami as she responded with an answer she probably would have given. Another thing to know about her... Teja wasn't one to party. She may be an actress but she was probably one weird person. Instead of having dinner with her known friends, she would rather be in her room, reading a book, watching a movie, playing board games with her parents or shooting for adverts for brands. Maybe she was just a homely person... something her friends didn't understand but Tejasswi wasn't one to drink the night away. Could be because of her parents but that was how she was and she didn't mind a little.

"Try it out one day, Rashami. You may enjoy it." Her friend was certainly not one to stay in every night. Teja gathered her stuff, her eyes flicking over to Karan who was the initiator of the conversation. For some reason, he had a knowing look in his eyes which made Teja curious. She wanted to know what was he so confident about but then decided she didn't really care. Not that it mattered since he decided to speak anyway.

"Figured that would be the answer." He rolled his eyes and turned away, wondering if Teja was that reserved or if she thought she was better than them with that holier than thou attitude. Of course, Karan didn't know her and she seemed to be a pretty okay person he debated with so it was confusing for him. Plus, he also wasn't one to judge people that quickly but it seemed she hit a nerve when she indirectly declined his offer. Karan was good-looking, he knew that. He was also someone who had never been declined so more or less, it sort of hurt his ego.

On the other hand, Teja was sort of irked by his answer. He seemed to have her all figured out and she really wanted to burst his bubble but she also didn't want to get into an argument with him since it would only mean explosion. So she decided it wasn't worth it. Air kissing Rashami and Vikas goodbye, Teja left, excited at the prospect of picking up the next part of the Zodiac Academy, the series she was reading.