Chapter 2

The first thing Tejasswi did the moment she landed home was, go straight into the kitchen and get herself a snack. Her mom had made some aloo paneer paratha for lunch and there was no way she was going to miss it. Getting herself a plateful, she carried it to her room and pulled out the second book of the series from the shelves, kicked off her shoes, and sat on her bed in the same jeans and t-shirt she had worn to her shoot. She was carefree and a little messy that way. Food always came first for her no matter what. A sudden rap on her bedroom door made her look up but since it was half-open anyway, the person in question just barged in and Teja was surprised to find out that it was none other than Rashami. The two had known each other for a while now, one of Teja's closest friends who was way too familiar with her family.

"Chal, we're going out," Rashami informed, or more like ordered before Teja could ask her anything.

"I am not going anywhere. I told you already." Teja shook her head taking another bite of her paratha, which Rashami was already digging into along with her.

"This is yum ya. Aur hai? I'll go ask aunty. Till then you go get ready, we're going out."

Even though Teja tried to wriggle her way out of the plan, Rash was stubborn and wasn't taking no for an answer. "Teja mat kar yaar. I am here for today. We haven't hung out properly in ages so don't be a spoilsport. We're just going to the bar, will chill there and leave." Rashami got up and was fixing her hair in the mirror.

There seemed to be no way out so Teja sighed as she finished up her final bite and stood up. She would do anything to have her night in but Rash was right. They haven't hung out in a while so a night out won't hurt, except... "Who else is there?" She asked carefully, walking up to her balcony to check below.

"Vikas is waiting in the car," was the answer she got from her friend as she stepped out and looked below. Vikas was there on the phone but he looked up at the same moment and poked his head out waving her down. She would have called him up but he seemed to be busy on his phone. Well, a night out with Rashami and Vikas didn't sound bad. As long as Karan wasn't there... Teja knew she was sort of giving him importance but honestly, she didn't have it in her to deal with him and his judgmental attitude and so far they hadn't got off on the right footing so she would rather avoid it.

"Fine. I'll just change and come. Tu neeche ja, Ma is making more parathas so you can have some and take for Vikas too." With that, Teja dug into her cupboard for an outfit while Rashami made her way below. She had her makeup on so it didn't take her much time to get dressed. Teja hardly took fifteen minutes, which was rare in her scenario, grabbed her cross-body bag and headed out.

*******************************

15 minutes later, they were hurtling their way to the city with Rashami driving the car. Teja was on her phone, scheduling her brand endorsement shoots for the next day when Rash's phone call perked up her ears.

"Haan we're going to reach in 20 minutes. Tu bhi aja." She was telling someone on the other line, making Teja wonder who else it was that she was inviting. "It's just me, Viku and Teja... haan chal I'll see you." She kept her phone down and told Vikas that Karan was also joining them.

"Why did you invite him?" The words were out of her mouth before she could stop herself. Teja usually did not react and this behavior was surprising to herself too but for some reason, she didn't like him and preferred not to be in his presence.

"He asked me if we had any plans tou bola lia. Tujhe usey koi problem hai kia?" Rashami asked her.

"Haan tum log set per argue kerhe thay. I noticed. What happened? Kuch hua kia?" Vikas piped in, looking at her curiously.