Chapter Six: Kidding With You

"Run BTS!"

  After all yelling together, BTS separated and some waved bye to the cameras.

  It had been a fun day, very entertaining and healing for BTS— especially Taehyung. It was mostly a nice filming day because the smile and joy in Jungkook's eyes every time Taehyung would glance over at him. The fact that Jungkook was so happy was something that made Taehyung happy as well.

  "Hyung, Taehyungie hyung!"

  Taehyung froze in his tracks at that voice calling out his name. He and Hoseok were just about to leave, but the voice caught Hoseok's attention as well. As Taehyung turned to see Jungkook walking up to him, Hoseok brushed them off and left the two youngest to whatever— something Taehyung sort of wished he hadn't done.

  As Jungkook got closer, Taehyung felt trapped but in the best way possible. "Hyung, where are you going now?" Where is he going?

  "Um. I was just going to work a bit and go home after."

  Jungkook stepped up by him and wrapped his arm around his shoulders, forcing the older to walk with him towards the exit. "Let's order food. I'm hungry." Jungkook was inviting himself to go work in the studio with Taehyung and to have dinner together. No way in hell could Taehyung survive that.

  "Okay."

  But he could never say no to Jungkook.

——

  Eating well, Jungkook was slurping noodles and munching on meat with the meanest look on his face— he was loving that food and Taehyung knew it. He ate well, thankfully. They both did.

  "Hyung, do you want some of my noodles? They aren't spicy."

  Every time Jungkook offers to feed Taehyung, he feels like his heart will explode. He liked the feeling of Jungkook wanting to take care of him all too well. He liked the way Jungkook thought about him— even if he thought about the others just as much. Again, it's all delusions in his mind, thinking he's special in some way.

  "Yes, please."

  Taehyung leaned a bit closer to Jungkook, the younger's eyes settling down to his lips as he slowly pulled noodles from his cup and held the chopsticks close to Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung's eyes were set on his and Jungkook's were still on his lips, especially as Taehyung took the noodles in.

  The noodles tasted so delicious and he'd craved for the delicious feeling of Jungkook feeding him as well, so everything was just so good.

  "Good, good," he managed through chews as he leaned back to his original spot, but Jungkook still had his gaze set on him. Flustered by his stare, Taehyung turned away, covering his mouth with his hand.

  "Do you remember when we used to eat ramen together?"

  Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at such a question. "We eat ramen together all the time—"

  "Not that," Jungkook cut him off. They were all alone now so it was no surprise, his next question. "Don't you remember? We used to do this a lot." He was talking about how they used to feed each other ramen back then, when everything was innocent— and before intimacy, came giggles as they fed each other and held hands as an outcome.

  Today's outcome... would there be one similar?

  "I remember." He hadn't forgotten a single thing from their past. But Taehyung refused to feed Jungkook now, knowing he'd make things worse for himself. He refused to let those feelings get to him again.

  "Hyung."

  Just as Taehyung turned to his call, his hand was suddenly being tugged away from its place, soft fingers sliding past the back of his hand and in between his fingers. Jungkook's skin was soft and his hold on the back of Taehyung's hand was nice, but the heat rising to his cheeks wasn't so nice— he didn't want to be blushing in front of Jungkook or because of Jungkook. He didn't want Jungkook to see him like that.

  Jungkook's hold got slightly tighter. It seemed like he was about to say something else, but Taehyung slowly pulled his hand away from Jungkook's, ignoring the wide eyes and confused expression he was given in return.

  "Eat up. Your food will go cold," he muttered before shoving a meat wrap into his mouth. He blocked out conversation as much as possible, but Jungkook simply smiled softly at him.

  "I ate enough." However, Jungkook took one good last bite of his ramen. As he chewed, "Hyung? Mm-sorry if I made things weird. I was just.. kidding with you, you know."

  Kidding with him.

  Taehyung could've gone without knowing or hearing that Jungkook was simply kidding as he held his hand like that. Was Jungkook kidding all those years ago as well?

  "It's fine, Jungkook."

  Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Jungkook's shoulders deflate. "Hyung, are you mad at me?" Taehyung didn't notice how serious he looked until Jungkook mentioned being mad. It's Taehyung's usual resting face, except his jaw was clenched and his eyebrows were furrowed together as his thoughts suffocated him.

  He softened his expression as he turned to Jungkook, seeing the worry in the younger's eyes.

  "I'm not mad." Taehyung hated that look in Jungkook's eyes. He felt guilty and his heart felt a bit gabbed. "I swear I'm not mad. Don't worry about that. You were just kidding, why should I be mad?"

  Jungkook's lips puckered into a tiny pout— fuck. "I just thought..." He averted his eyes, his head dropping. "Uh. Anyways. Are you done eating? We can go home now- or you can stay here. I don't know. I'm going home now." Before Taehyung could say anything, Jungkook was gathering all the trash from their takeout and getting ready to leave just like that.

  Jungkook thought... what, exactly?

  If Taehyung could read his mind, it sure would help. Why don't you just talk about your feelings? Damn Jimin. He had a point, but Taehyung couldn't talk to Jungkook about anything, especially something like this. But with the way Jungkook's expression looked so blank as he gathered his things, Taehyung knew what that meant; Jungkook's thinking face is easy to pick out. Jungkook was overthinking just like Taehyung does.

  "I'll see you later." Jungkook's blank expression changed to pursed lips, an awkward smile. He definitely had something on his mind as well, right?

  Is it...

  Is it the same as Taehyung's thoughts? Even so, Taehyung didn't get a chance to ask because Jungkook was quickly out the door.

~

6/7