AWAKE : NINE

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

It's the most unusual thing we've seen today. Not because it is hideous or anything... It's actually pretty normal. Yellow in color, with the name Hanlim University painted on the side of it in black paint.

No, it's not because of its appearance. It is because the entire human race is supposed to be asleep."

Who the hell is driving that bus, then?"

We just followed it with our gaze until it passed us. Our jaws are hanging open. We couldn't speak for a few moments.

I'm the first one to recover. "What the hell is that?" I exclaimed. "I mean, yeah, I know that's a freaking bus, but..."

"Do you think the one who's driving that bus is the one who took our brother?" Chaeyoung asks. She still doesn't take her eyes off the road. "It's possible, right?"

"There's only one way to find out," Jeongyeon says. She opens the rear door of Jihyo's van as we all hop in.

Our spot is still the same as yesterday. The only difference is that Sana and her friends are at the end, while Nayeon and I are in the middle.

The bus hadn't gone far yet, so we quickly followed it once we were on the main road. We stay a few meters behind it, careful not to be seen.

"What if it's just a normal person?" Mina asks. "What if he just woke up from his deep sleep?"

I nod. "It's possible. But like Jeongyeon said, there's only one way to find out. We need to follow the school bus just to make sure."

Honestly, I don't agree with what Mina said. It's not just a normal person like us, because if it's normal, why do I feel different? Why does my feeling seem heavy? As if it had something to do with the loss of Jennie and their cousins and siblings.

Because back in the day (you know, normal days, all the human beings were still awake), my hunches were always right.

"Do you notice anything?" Tzuyu said suddenly. I looked at her and saw she was looking out the window. Roaming her eyes around.

"What?" Sana asks. She also looked out the window and tried to find what Tzuyu was looking for. The rest of us also looked outside.

"It looks like the road is clean now," Tzuyu says.

Momo scoffs. "Of course, giant. Everyone is asleep. That means no one can throw their mess at the road."