Lingering Thoughts

"Line up everyone! We will announce the results now."

Mashima sensei addressed all the first years who were currently resting in the camps prepared by the school.

The exam has ended and all of us were waiting for the results anxiously. Ruyen had caused a stir a little while ago when he suddenly appeared out of the forest. No one expected him to still be on the island.

"Before I announce the results I want to let everyone know that these results are final and cannot be changed, so there is no use protesting against it."

Many wore a worried face after hearing sensei's words. His words might mean that the results are bad enough to be protested.

" I recommend everyone to reflect on these results and work on improving yourself."

He picked up the papers from the table beside him and continued.

" With that said, let me move on to the final scores of all the classes."

The atmosphere became tense and anxiety was at its peak. Students waiting restlessly to hear the results of our first battle.

" Coming in at fourth position is class 1-B with ninety points."

Surprise took over the previously building tension.

"W-what?!"

Many had the same reaction as Kanzaki.

"This can't be-

A completely disheartening result for class B. Everyone was still in disbelief but for me this was a result better than I anticipated. Their leader was correctly guessed by all three classes so they lost all their bonus points. Added to that was a hundred and fifty points penalty.

If you add this to their final results we get a score of two hundred and forty points, which means that they used just sixty points to survive a whole week with a single spot. Quite a remarkable achievement if you ask me.

" Silence! As I've said before, these are the final results and can't be changed under any condition."

The chatter quickly died down after Mashima sensei's stern words.

"Now moving on to the third place, we have class 1-C with one hundred points."

Everyone gasped not expecting class C to have any points left. I looked at Ruyen just like every one else was. He was calmly listening to the results with his eyes closed, it seems he's satisfied with it.

As was turning back towards the front, he suddenly opened his eyes and looked at me. This is bad, he is laughing weirdly again.

" In second place we have class 1-A with two hundred and twenty points."

Students of Class A were wearing a disappointed look and Katsuragi was staring at me. Well, more like glaring at me.

With both Ruyen and Katsuragi staring at me continuously, everyone soon noticed their gazes and followed suit.

" And finally in first place class 1-D with three hundred and sixty nine points."

When sensei announced these results I expected my classmates to cheer and celebrate loudly. But, they were quiet, too quiet. Everyone was staring at me like a weirdo and I was getting nervous.

I sent a questioning look at my classmates.

" What?"

------

" Ahh~ I can finally relax in peace now knowing that we'll get some private points next month."

It was the second day after the exam had ended and I was currently sitting at one of the restaurants on the ship with my close friends.