P.T.S.D.

P is for post, as if past or present really matters. It's never in the past and it's always with you. From the moment it happens till the day your life ends, it's always fresh. Even if they say it gets better or easier as time goes on. It's never your past, it's always present.

T is for traumatic, trauma that causes the pain to stick. Most associated with large events, concerts, costly injuries and well known issues being further explored. Yet, for most of it wasn't like this at all. It started small and grew as we did. The summer never ends and it only reforms itself, physical trauma becomes psychological and then you become physical. As you further traumatize yourself and hurt others.

S stands for stress come on but does it really explain? The walls closing in, the night terrors, the seclusion and self-hatred, lashing out on those who love you and try to help, the flashbacks it's all... stress or is it not. It's our minds ripping the memories and scattering them throughout our daily lives, stress is the least of our worries on a good day.

The D is for disorder and this is when it gets too far. They end up going to sky heights to escape from what is inside of them. Ending up in ambulances or in a police office or squad car. Kids on pills and doctors, blame is assigned, but it's too late. You've already lost your mind, your body is subdued by addiction and all that's left is the memory, the one thing you tried so hard to escape.