Medical Emergency AU

This is an AU (Alternative Universe), everything is bound to be changed, and not everything will be the same. Here is all you need to know, Ali never got I.R.I.S., Alicia was the one who accidentally used I.R.I.S., and they are 22-23 years old here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But Papa, I trained hard for this! Why wont you give me a chance?" A young, neuro agent asked, her tone almost falling into desperation as she spoke with the Genera, her father, in other words.

But the General kept a straight expression on, his eyes cold like serpents. "It's too dangerous, missions such as this are given to adults who can take care of themselves while ensuring the success of this mission. This is not some playground where you can meddle as you wish." He replied, crossing his arms in front of his beloved daughter.

They are currently in one of M.A.T.A.'s numerous briefing rooms in the academy, no one but the two of them were around, as the other members of the team had already left the room to proceed with their own planning on how they will attain victory in their mission.

"But I am also an adult, I'm already 22!" the young neuro tried to reason, only to hear a resounding stomp on the metallic flooring by the General.

"Capable adults, Alicia. You know its dangerous, as almost everyone of our enemies is after you." The General tried to reason with his daughter. "Especially, after they are well aware how you possess I.R.I.S." he continued soon after before pointing his fingers over to the woman's eyewear.

A spectacle of blue shone in the lenses of I.R.I.S. as it laid deactivated upon her mental command.

The woman, named Alicia, adverted her gaze after the mention of the gadget she wore.

It happened a long time ago, she was only a kid back then. The notorious enemy's henchmen; Dos and Trez, attempted to steal the abandoned project I.R.I.S. in one of M.A.T.A.'s laboratories. Due to dire situations with her comrades knocked unconscious, she had to think fast and activated the weapon even though it was against the protocol. It was the only way to protect I.R.I.S. from the hands of Dos and Trez.

Ever since then, I.R.I.S. was synched to her, and Agent Jenny suggested that she keeps for the sake of gathering information and possibly separating Alicia from the project completely at some point.

Years has gone by, and she still wore the gadget until today, mastering it to aid her in missions.

But after that one event where she was almost pulverized into Azurium energy back at the power plant, her father was keen to never allow her to partake in any mission at all.

"Fine." Alicia gave up, seeing the eye-twitching annoyance in her father's eyes. She has been begging him for years to let her participate, but until now, he is so keen in keeping her safe by preventing her from participating in missions.

So much for a neuro agent that she is, she can only do whatever she wants in her ordinary life, a Guinea pig to gain data from I.R.I.S. during her regular activities.

Her father turned to face the monitors behind him, no longer wanting to argue with his daughter any further.

Thus, the neuro agent released a sigh and left the room entirely, feeling the heavy sensation of disappointment weighing her chest.