Another Day

The cold breeze hitting against your cheek. You shiver staring down at the view. Sitting in a knees up against your chest position, chin resting on your arms, you let out a sigh. Two days before the anniversary of your best friends death...

You were at the rooftop you and your friend would always hangout at. It was quite cold today, only wearing a thin jacket. But you didn't care, just staring out into the abyss, lost thoughts swimming around.

Suddenly you feel your arm getting wet. Without realizing, you had tears flowing out of your eyes. Quickly swiping them away, you get up and leave. Descending the stairs, you start feeling tired. Not because you're walking down steps, but because of everything.

_________________________________

March 25th, 2020. The day your friend passed away. Never forgiving yourself for not being to save and protect them. There you were, sitting in front of their grave. With the cat they adopted from the streets in your lap.

The only true connection you have of them left. "I'm so sorry Tammy, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect your owner." You start sobbing, you just can't help it. "Why? Why did he have to jump and save me? Now I feel so lost."

Tammy mewls. You stare down at her, "What to do Tammy?" You look up at the sky, wondering how they're doing. Closing your eyes, tears rolling down your cheeks. You take a deep breath.

_________________________________

You wake up, slowing sitting up. You realized you fell asleep crying. Letting out a sigh, you see Tammy under a tree rubbing against it. You smile.

You get up to go over and pet her, crouching down. Scratching behind her ears as she purrs. You proceed to sit down, your back against the rough wood.

________________________________

As you were petting Tammy, you let out tears. Not bothering to wipe them away. But a special someone decided to come visit you.

Although they knew you couldn't see them, it still brought a smile to their face. They walk over to where you're sitting.

Tammy notices them as they get out of your lap. They pet Tammy, giving her all the scratches she deserves. You were confused at Tammy suddenly moving out of your lap.

They stare at your slightly baffled face and giggle. Completely oblivious of their presence. Crouching down to your height.

They let out a low sigh. Seeing tears flow out of your eyes again. "Save your tears for another day..." they say as they wipe away a tear. Tammy coming over to rub against the both of them.

You unknowingly stare at them. Feeling as though someone was there.

They get up realizing that they didn't have much time left to stay. Frowning as they wanted to stay more with you. But they smile, not wanting you to be upset. They want you to move on, to be happy, not to dread.

They turn around and walk away, looking at you for the last time. Tammy following behind them wondering where they're going. They couldn't help but have tears fall down their face.

"Goodbye _____" they say for the last time, as they leave to the place they belong.