𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℂ𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝔾𝕠 𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝. 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨."

~𝔽. 𝕊𝕔𝕠𝕥𝕥 𝔽𝕚𝕥𝕫𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕕 // 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝔸 ℍ𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖

"NO RUN Y/N LEAVE ME AND GO LIVE!" You heard Yoshihara's screams for your safety in your eight-year-old ears. You could see the fires, the matches, their hands, which have done so much bad, holding your brother tight. "I-I...I LOVE YOU YOSHIHARA!" Your frantic yelling was the last thing he heard before Yoshi was beaten and dragged back into the shrine where the rest of you siblings were. You needed to get back. Go back, Y/n. You can't leave him behind like this! GO BACK Y/N-

You gasped awake as you were being shook by Gyomei. "It's okay, Y/n. It's all over now. Yoshi's in a better place." Ani, (means brother in Japanese) whispered soothingly. Of course Gyomei wasn't actually your brother but he was definitely better than your supposedly real one. Your mother had so many other affairs during the cult practices that you were never sure.

You were born as Y/n Seijitachi, into the family with the surname 'saints' ironically. You had six other siblings, five of which were certainly dead by now. No one knew about your family it seemed, no matter who you asked.

You were ripped away from your thoughts when you heard Gyomei talking. "You can't go back there Y/n. You have to let it go, none of that was your fault." His soothing words felt like cool water on a burn as he hugged my small form in his gigantic arms. I hugged him back, and then got up. "I'm gonna go run a bath, Ani. I'll be ready to train in thirty minutes."

I walked out of my room after I hung my futon and tatami mat outside to air out before folding them and putting them away. Once I had gotten into the bathroom I saw that Gyomei had already got a bath ready for me. I smiled to myself and undressed, getting into the warm water. There were wisteria flowers on the surface, keeping me at ease since they were calming to me with both their color and scent.

After washing and scrubbing my body, I got dressed in a simple Jinbei since a kimono was too hard to put on by myself and Gyomei was washing our Demon Slayer Corps uniforms. This was our usual Sunday routine; him washing our uniforms and me going out to feed the kasugai crows, water the plants, and make breakfast. Most days we just eat breakfast and train or go on missions.

I was making miso soup, steamed rice, and some simmered salmon with daikon as a treat for Gyomei for breakfast when I heard a knock on our door. I walked over and opened it, revealing Giyu Tomioka, the water hashira.

Giyu glanced down, seeing that I was not wearing a full yukuta and turned an almost unnoticeable pink before looking up. "Who are you? Gyomei is needed at a hashira meeting at noon!" I looked at him and sweat dropped.

"Well you're kind of blunt, Tomioka-sama. Anyway, Gyomei is in the back garden washing our uniforms. He'll be ready in a few minutes. In the meantime, would you like something to eat? I have steamed rice, simmered salmon with daikon-" I was cut off by Giyu's talking. "May I please have some salmon and daikon?" I giggled a little bit and walked towards the kitchen, waving my hand for him to follow me. He kneeled down on the tatami mat in front of the small table that me and Gyomei usually ate at, and I served him some salmon. "You enjoy your food. I'm going to go get A- I mean Gyomei-san. Would you like me to hang up your haori or put your shoes by the door?" He simply shook his head as he went back to eating his food. Very blunt, I suppose. I walked outside to the back garden to see Gyomei taking down our uniforms from the wooden rail he set up years ago to hand our clothes. "Ani," I yelled, "Someone by the name of Giyu Tomioka is here to tell you about the hashira meeting at noon!"

Giyu's P.O.V.

I was expecting to see Gyomei at the door to his house, but I guess not. How did I never know about this girl — who called him 'Ani' — and lived with him? I suppose that I've never been to his estate before so that might be why. But he never mentions her. Weird. She makes good simmered salmon with daikon, though. Maybe she's not too bad.

Enjoying my salmon, I hear two people talking outside.

"Ani," I was the girl, "Someone by the name of Giyu Tomioka is here to tell you about the hashira meeting at noon!" She sounded excited. I heard him walk up to her close to the house before stopping her from going in. "Y/n, this is the meeting I'm going to take you to. I've already cleared it with Ubyashiki-sama. Go get dressed and I'll entertain our guest," Gyomei didn't sound like he was crying, like usual. He sounded...Happy? Weird times two.

Gyomei's hulking form filled the dining area and he kneeled by the table on the opposite side of me. "Enjoying my sister's cooking, I see," He smiled lightly while I choked. "She's your sister?" My monotonous voice wasn't very surprised, but I was. I wonder why he's never mentioned her before. "Yes. Not my real sister of course, but we're very close. I'm planning on taking her to the hashira meeting today to recommend her as a pillar to Ubuyashiki-sama. She's already slain over fifty demons since she's started training," His eyes seemed full of pride at the statement and he continued, "I'm telling you all of this because I was wondering if you'd train her more. I've done as much as I can but I feel like it would be good for her to train with someone else for a while. She's been getting reckless here."

I swallowed my salmon and blinked. He wants me to train her? ME? I stood up and politely nodded. "Thank you for the food. Tell your sister that it was very good, and that I'll recommend her to Ubuyashiki-sama. As for her training, I'll have to formally meet her before I just let her live with me for training, forgive me Gyomei-san." He nodded and thanked me, before I walked to the doorway.

And then I saw her again.

Now that I actually looked at her and not the ground, I could see how beautiful she was. Even in her Demon Slayer Corps uniform, she looked like she was ready to go out on a date or something. Her H/l H/l hair fluttered softly behind her while she rushed past me to go see her brother, Gyomei. "Ah... Himejima-san, I never got your name....?" I was very uncertain that she would even answer me, especially how I acted when she opened the door.

"Oh! Yes, it's Y/n—Y/n Himejima, but you can just call me Y/n-san. I think I might be seeing you later, Tomioka-sama. Have a good day!" Well she was awfully chatty. But still pretty nonetheless. And nice....very nice. I wonder why she even became a Slayer... Or why Gyomei adopted her in the first place.

Your P.O.V.

"Y/n, this is the meeting I'm going to take you to. I've already cleared it with Ubyashiki-sama. Go get dressed and I'll entertain our guest." I did as Gyomei said and went and got my uniform off of the clothes rack outside. Quickly running up to my room, I hurried to put my uniform on and haori. My haori and Kyahan were a dark gray with stars and constellations on the pattern that I made my self. I usually kept the piece of Yoshi's kimono tucked tightly into my left Kyahan and I always wore a small necklace that Gyomei had given me that had a little square of jade inscribed with the characters "fly high" on it. (Lmao Haikyuu!! reference)

I walked downstairs to go to the door, when Tomioka stopped me.

"Ah... HIjejima-san, I never got you name...?" I looked at him and smiled before saying, "Oh! Yes, it's Y/n— Y/n Himejima. But you can just call me Y/n-san." I looked at his features before I rushed off to see Ani, noticing his startling blue eyes and coal black hair... He's not too bad looking... Wait! What am I saying!? I should only view Tomioka-san as a mentor... nothing else...

~1,428 words~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading the first chapter!!! Sorry if it's too short :( I'll do better next time!

~Author-chan