BFF's 🙎‍♀️🤞🙎‍♀️

Christine, her name was Christine. I used to call her Chris just to annoy her. It was 7 years ago. From my memories, I can see us doing makeovers on each other, trying new hairstyles, planning movie marathons every weekend and giggling on each other's silly dance moves. I missed those times. We were the closest of friends and always supported each other no matter what. Then, things went downhill.

I still remember this day very clearly. It was a pleasant afternoon, I was returning from my ballet classes when I got a text from Christine, "Hey! I have to tell you something. It's urgent, come to my place at 5 pm." My mind was rushing with thoughts, guessing as to what could possibly lead to this urgent invitation. It felt like decades later when I was finally there at Christine's house.

"My dad lost his job. Luckily, after months of searching, he found a job in Spain...", Christine said. "Oh...I'm so sorry! But Spain?! That's in a totally different continent, your dad will have some serious adjustment to do." , I said. She nodded glumly. 

Just then, the realization struck me like a lightning bolt. Her dad was going to Spain to work which meant Christine and her whole family had to move to Spain for permanent settlement. "Wait...so you're moving too, isn't it?", I sniffled.