Questions

Bucky POV

Yelena.

Yelena. My daughter is here, walking right beside me. She is free from the Red Room, free from HYDRA. It's almost surreal. I never thought in a million years I'd be lucky enough to have my daughter by my side, both of us free. I could take her out for ice cream!!! She probably needs an explanation.

"So, I'm sorry," I say.

"Why are you sorry?"

Why shouldn't I be sorry. I should've bursted her and Samantha right out of that horrid place. They both deserved better. I could've been a better dad, I could've married her mother. I wanted to. I should've done something before it was too late. It's all my fault.

"I'm just sorry, for everything. Every single breath you had to take on this horrid planet. Every single tear you ever shed. I should've been stronger, for you. For your mother."

"Are you saying your sorry I'm breathing?"

"No. Wait... I did say that. Well I didn't mean it..." I am stupid, so very stupid.

"It's fine, out of curiosity, who was my mother, I got that she was the American Death...but is she like...a person too, or..."

Flashback

I was sitting on my knees in a pool of my own tears. I was in the middle of outer space. I looked out the window, ships were exploding. I knew whatever kind of battle was going on I had won it. The only thing that didn't fit was the feeling of pure dread. Despair. It felt as if the universe had been saved, but MY universe was gone.

I looked around me. Everyone was celebrating. Hugging each other. A certain 6'3" blonde god showed a picture of pure bliss. That's not how I felt. I felt empty. Samantha. The most important part of my life. She was gone.

She died to save everything and everyone else. She was a hero.

Flashback Over

"Depends who you ask," I said, "If you ask me, as you are, I'd tell you the truth. She wasn't a person. She was a hero. She saved everyone. On this planet, on all other planets, in the past, in the future. She saved the multiverse and everything in it."

"That's sounds hard to live up too"

"Don't try to live up to her standards, Sam was probably the greatest person I've ever known."

"Sam?"

"Your mom, Samantha. Last name is heavily debated."

"Is that your way of saying you don't know her last name?"

"No."

"What is It then?"

"I'd say Barnes, by Asgardian law, we were married."

"Asgardian?"

"Your Mom was one eighth Asgardian."

"So... I'm an alien?"

"Just a little alien."

"Not enough for me to notice it."

"Oh no, definitely not. It would be one hundred percent evident."

"But I didn't even notice."

"You have a power inhibitor in your neck."

"What?!?"

"Both of your parents are super soldiers, one with Asgardian DNA. You think you would be boring?"

"Are you calling me boring?"

"No."

"Can you take the power inhibitor out?"

"If you agree to arm wrestle Steve afterwards."

"That's crazy, I can't beat a grandpa in an arm wrestle."

"You didn't know your mother."

"I'll do it, just take this thing out."

"Okay it's really gonna hurt"

I went behind her and gently removed the inhibitor. I showed it to her after I removed it.

"That didn't hurt?"

"I know. I was messing with you kiddo."

"Oh," Yelena stood up, "Where's Steve?"

"Right this way," I said as I lead her towards Steve.

"One more thing... When you were talking about Mom, you said was..."

"Everything comes at a cost..."

-----------------------------------------------
It's been a while, but I've updated. And it is really short. Sorry. I plan to do another part sometime in the next week if that makes up for it.

Have a nice day
-The Author