3

YOONGI POV

I gave myself a good stretch as I got up from my computer desk after 4 hours of research on a cyberattack case. I definitely need a coffee after this much hard work. As I picked my phone up to send a text to Namjoon, I got a call from my mom.

Ever since I turned 26, my mom has been nagging me to get married. She claims I need someone to take care of me, someone to spend time with and so on. I can understand what mom means, but marriage is a huge responsibility. I can't marry a girl and then expect her to just make my life easy. I mean, if I only wanted someone that cooks, cleans and helps me with work, I could as well just have gotten a housemaid. That would have the same effect anyway.

With the line of occupation I am in, the kind of lifestyle I live and the kind of personality I have, honestly speaking, having an extra person living in my house would just be a burden on both of us. I would probably not be able to give my wife the time and effort she deserves. That's one of the main reasons I'm not committed to a relationship right now and I just don't want to ruin anyone's life after they get forced to marry me. Plus, I have a ton load of work to do! So currently, I just want to focus on my career.

But as much as I try to just surround my life with work and my few chosen friends, it's like my mom has sworn to have me married by the end of this year. She has sent me an endless list of names and pictures of suitable brides for me. To an extent where I have begun to question her sanity. (Maybe I should run a background check on my mom... How did she even find the details of so many girls?)

Some of the girls were really pretty, I have to admit. However, the thought of their lives being ruined after they get married to me, pushed me far away from the thought of being married to them. My friends tell me it's probably because I haven't found 'the one', that's suited for me. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait then.

Today too, my mom send me the picture of a girl, said she really liked her and thought she was "my type". That was new. You see, although my mom sent me so many of these pictures of girls, this is the first time she mentioned that a girl was "my type". So that really got me intrigued. As I took a look at the girl's bio-data and picture, a few questions lingered in my mind. What should I expect from someone that's "my type"? Can there ever be a girl who is "the one"? Even if she is the one, will I ever be "the one" for her?

I snapped out of my endless chain of thoughts when my phone chimed to alert me of some notifications. Just as I should have expected, it was from our friends' group chat. Somehow it always has some of the other discussions going on in it, most probably about food or work.

Today it was about the kind of food there should be, at Jin's wedding.

It's funny how these days I've been hearing a lot about marriages and love and things like that. What kind of trouble is life brewing for me this time? I guess only time will tell.

I quickly replied to a few messages on the group and hopped in the shower to get ready for work.

(✿◠‿◠)

As I walked into the office building, with the coffees in my hand, I saw Jin and Hoseok chatting with a few female colleagues. They seemed to be having a good time. At times like this, I admire the way they can mingle with others so easily. Not just that, their aura is so joyful, it draws people to them, unlike me. Ignoring my thoughts, I walk towards them to hand them their coffees.

I managed to make some small talk with two of the girls there, one of them I recognised as Jin's fiancée, the other one of our popular fighters. There was a third girl too, but she barely took part in any of the conversations, she'd just occasionally smile or nod at something we said. Otherwise, she'd just be staring out the glass walls or scrolling through her phone. Was she the new recruit in our department? I couldn't tell for sure.

However, for a few seconds when I made eye contact with her, a wave of familiarity washed over me. It was as though I had seen her somewhere very recently, I just couldn't put a finger on it. I quickly sent a smile her way to be polite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Remember when I said, that I was going to use my time wisely and update regularly? Remember how I said I would write a few chapters in advance so I could update faster? Remember I said that I would update within a week a couple of months back?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N:Remember when I said, that I was going to use my time wisely and update regularly? Remember how I said I would write a few chapters in advance so I could update faster? Remember I said that I would update within a week a coupl...

N-E-WAYSS.. sorry for being MIA for the last two months.. my parents had come to visit, I had fallen sick, then I had exams, then I feel sick again, then I had exams again, then we had online classes and now we have exams again.☺️.
So kids, the moral of the story is, college sucks, don't ever grow up. Thank you and have a nice day😌

(Also please be a sweetheart and leave a vote on the chapter. I even paused my k-drama to publish this update🥺.. where will you find such a self sacrificing author🥺)
OKAY BYEEEEE😙

 where will you find such a self sacrificing author🥺)OKAY BYEEEEE😙