4

After chatting away for a bit we all split to head to our respective departments. We have a huge campus here at the headquarters.

The National Crime Investigation Department(or NCID) has an investigation cell - that deals with all the on-site investigations and collects needed evidence, a forensics division - that collects and analyses scientific evidence, a cyber cell- that takes care of online frauds, an armed force and a media division.

What makes our organisation different from the police department is that we deal with much more serious cases that need to be free of political influences and cases that could cause nation-wide unrest. Essentially, most of our work is disguised and undercover. Our media division crafts news in such a way that the public receives information on the latest news first on our programme, while safeguarding the identities of our undercover agents.

I head the cyber cell. Although the position does have its advantages, I prefer just being a normal employee with a nine-to-five job minus the responsibilities. But Namjoon wouldn't let me get away with that. Anyway last month we recruited a few part-timers in the department. I need to go through their profiles and check their progress.

Reminders:

→ Go through the profile of part timers

→Meeting on botnet case

→Complete status report

→Dinner with the guys

→Book appointment with the vet

<<💍>>

" And that is how we have planned to proceed with this botnet case, Sir."

" Alright, you can proceed."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Oh and Mr. Won please send newbie Zara Martin to my office."

"Sure, Mr. Min"

I finally remembered where I had seen that new girl. It was her picture that my mom had sent me the other day calling her "my type". I couldn't believe my mom actually thought of her being eligible! I mean she is so young! She was still studying. I don't understand why anyone would agree to marry a stranger just like that, at such a young age. She still has so much more to achieve. Mom really needs to stop with this creepy thing.

I was busy in thoughts when I heard a knock at my door.

It was her.

" Come in.", I said in my professional tone and the door opened slowly.

"Good evening, Mr. Min. Did you call for me?", she smiled.

" Yes. We met the other day, didn't we? Uhh... I'm sorry, I hadn't recognised you as the new recruit at our department. So I thought it would be polite to personally welcome you now."

"Ah! That's alright, Sir. Thank you so much!", she said, still smiling.

"We look forward to working with and learning from you, Ms. Martin."

"Thank you Mr. Min. I'll do my best.", she was still smiling.

"You've settled in well, I suppose. Do let me know if you need anything."

"Definitely, Mr. Min. Thank you!", her smile still remained.

"Alright then, you can get back to work now."
"Yes, Than-"

"Ms. Martin.", I cut her off mid-sentence.

"Yes, Mr. Min?" How was she still smiling??

"You don't have to be so formal. Keep the "thank yous" at a minimum."

"Oh, right.." she said while giggling to herself, "I'll keep that in mind.", and she smiled again.

"Great then. You may leave."

"Yeah, than-...uhh.. Yeah I'll be leaving now.", with a final cheeky grin, she left.

Cute.

A scoff left me. This kind of energy comes only from freshers. Just wait until the end of this month.

As soon as she left, the door to my cabin burst open.

"Hyung!!! I need the day off today!". Kim Taehyung everybody.

"It's almost sundown."

"Well then I need the sundown off today."

"You literally just came to work a few minutes ago."

"Hyuuuuuung. Pleeeeease!"

"Why though?"

"I have a date."

"Bingeing a movie with your dog doesn't count as a date, you know?"

"What!! How can you say that being a dog owner yourself!! Yeontan has emotions too!!!!!"

"I-"

"Hyung, just tell me I can go", he insisted.

"Tae, we have a lot of work, what about that new case-"

"Yeah, I've assigned it to the juniors, I'll look into it later. Tell me I can go!"

"And what about that report? The deadline is tomorrow."

" Exactlyyy! The deadline is TOMORROW! So I'll do it tomorrow, okay? Now tell me I can go or I'm staying here and pestering you all night."

" ...."

"...."

"...."

"Alright then, I guess I'll just have my date in your-"

"You can go."

"Thanks hyung! I love you too!"

"Leave and close the door."

"I'll see you tomorrow!" he said before closing the door to my cabin.

Sigh. Such a kid.

After just a few seconds the door opened and Tae peeked from the door again.

"By the way, hyung, she's cute."

"Huh- Why would you say that?? I literally spoke to her for the first time today."

"Uhuh.. riiiiiiiight.", he smirked.

"Really, I was just welcoming her to the company", I justified.

"Ohhh, I see...", he grinned.

"Why the heck are you grinning like that?!!"

"Oh it's nothing... I was just thinking you know, I didn't even say her name, how did you know who I meant.", his grin widened.

"I... she was the.... last...", for the first time in a while, I didn't have a comeback.

Tae must have caught on because he continued to smirk and sent a wink my way before finally leaving me to stare at the back of the door.

Umm.. What just happened here...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Yes... i know. After AGES!!!! I'm trying!!😭

Dedicated to the 2-3 readers of this book. I'm literally writing this for y'all. BE GRATEFUL AND LOVE ME!😤