He Comforts You After A Breakup As Your Best Friend

You squeezed the cushion harder against the side of your face as the persistent knocking continued at your front door. You'd hoped to drown it out, but everything you tried to do failed as the knock grew louder and louder as whoever stood outside your day became more impatient.

The noise was tearing you apart as you laid, reluctantly standing up from the sofa as it got louder once more, walking to the front door open it and see what exactly was going on.

As you opened up the door, you fumbled as Yoongi stood in front of you. "What do you want?" You asked, looking glumly at him.

He didn't say a word, but still invited himself into your house, walking straight into the living room, pausing at the door as he saw the state. The disappointment in his eyes was obvious as he looked back at you, your body slowly following behind his to sit back down on the sofa.

"I've never been so embarrassed in my entire life Yoongi," you sighed, brushing your hands through the knots in your hair.

Dating was hard for you anyway, but you'd hoped a blind date that your friend had organised would be the trigger for something special. Instead, however, it couldn't have gone any worse, your date couldn't wait to get out of the restaurant quick enough, leaving you in pieces.

"Clearly the guy was an idiot," Yoongi responded, taking a seat on the small bit of sofa that wasn't a mess. "But I'm here to remind you that you don't need dates or boyfriends, friends are enough.

You smiled appreciatively towards him, but if you were honest, sympathy was the last thing you needed. Nothing Yoongi could do would change what had happened.

"You didn't even hear what he said," you sighed, throwing yourself back down amongst the pile of blankets, "he said I didn't look like my picture that Y/F/N showed him, how is that possible?"

Yoongi's shoulders shrugged, if he was honest, he didn't have the answer. One thing he did know though, was that if he ever met the guy who had shattered you in a matter of moments, he'd happily give him a lecture on how to really treat a girl.

It was hard on him too; he'd never seen you so hurt and upset in your years of friendship. "Together we just need to forget about him and move on from all of this Y/N."

"Do you think he was right?" You suddenly asked, searching for a small piece of mind. "The things he said to me, do you think he was honest with what he said? Should I have listened?"

Straight away Yoongi's head shook, "that guy was a fool for talking to you like that, I cannot tell you enough how wrong he was. If he had spent just a moment getting to know your personality rather than just your looks, he would've seen how amazing you were."

You barely had time to say hello to your date before you watched him grab his coat from the back of his chair. In all the messages the two of you exchanged before you saw each other, you were convinced he was going to be a great guy and someone you could get on with.

"I've never been so humiliated in my life Yoongi, and usually I don't care how stupid I look. Maybe this is the reason why I've been single for so long, have I been oblivious to how bad my looks are," you continued to doubt in yourself.

Yoongi shuffled along the sofa so he sat a little closer to you, "everyone who loves you knows how beautiful you are. One guy doesn't speak for every guy in the world."

"But he's the only guy I've been on a date with for a while, and even then, he was forced by Y/F/N to meet me," you sighed, looking across at him as your tears threatened again. "I never imagined that something like this would happen to me, it feels like I'm living in a movie."

Yoongi continued to frown as you beat yourself down, struggling to find the words to say, knowing that you'd never listen. "Just let me look after you for a while, we can forget about him, we don't even need to talk about dating."

"You don't need to be here," you whispered.

Yet again Yoongi didn't respond with words, but quickly began to pick up the empty packets on your floor. There was no way he was going to leave you when you needed him, because when he'd been as low as you were, you were always there for him.

"Let's just have a bit of a sleepover like we used to when we were younger, before we had to worry about all the stupid things that adults do," he suggested.

Your head nodded immediately at the idea, it had been forever since the two of you spent time together, which was part of your hatred for growing up. You missed how the two of you could just be with each other and rely on no one else.

The two of you had been through much worse as best friends, and Yoongi knew that this too would pass. His heart shattered knowing a guy could treat you this way, if he were honest, no guy would ever be good enough for you in his eyes anyway.

Once he'd tided up a little bit around the place, he grabbed a menu from one of your cupboards, throwing the blankets off of you so that you could get a bit of chill from the air.

"Why don't you pick something to eat, and then go and get changed into something a little less worn," he smiled, passing the menu to you.

Your eyes looked down at your outfit, the same one you'd worn for quite some time, "if you weren't here to look after me right now, I'd probably punch you for saying that."

"I'm only looking out for you Y/N," he reminded you, "sometimes you need a little bit of tough love to pick yourself back up again. Regardless of what you think, I'm not leaving this place until the Y/N from a couple of days ago is back with me again."

The expression on his face let you know he was serious, there was no need to argue with him. "I'm glad that you're here to look after me really Yoongi. I don't care what we eat, or what we do, I'm just happy to have my best friend here with me."

"I'll pick a selection then, it looks like you've not eaten for a while anyway," he noted.

Yet again you couldn't argue with him, you hadn't eaten since just before you left for the restaurant. It wasn't that you didn't want to, you just didn't have the energy. One man's comments had left you gutted, but as Yoongi reminded you, those were the comments that didn't matter, and the ones from your loved ones did.

"I know it's easy to say now, but don't let one bad date set up your future, there will always be a guy out there for you someday," Yoongi encouraged, flicking through the menu.

You nodded, standing up to head to your wardrobe. "Everyone keeps telling me there is plenty of fish in the sea, but why is it taking me so long to hook mine?"

"There's nothing wrong with waiting Y/N, time is a great friend in life. You'll find the one, just trust in me."

"I will, and you will too Yoongi."