Scaring Him Into Thinking You've Left Him

"Have you eaten?" You questioned as he joined you in the kitchen.

He sighed heavily having only just walked through the door, sitting himself down on one of the barstools.

You stood for a few moments awaiting a response, but instead you were greeted by a stony silence that came with what you could only imagine had been another stressful day for him at the studio. It was hard on you as you walked around the kitchen to try and keep yourself calm.

His long days were not fault of yours, yet at times the atmosphere in your home made it feel like it was all your fault, as if it were a chore for him to come back to you after a long day at work.

Before you found yourself in a world of bother you placed the bowl of ramen you'd prepared for him in front of him, it was clear to you that he didn't want to use his words so instead you tried actions, forcing him to eat up.

As if he knew what would wind you up, he refused to touch the ramen, opting instead to stare it as it cooled, in his heart he knew it was hard on you to watch him be so harsh when you'd gone to such an effort to try and look out for him, but there was nothing you could do about things, if this was the path he had chosen to take.

It bothered you greatly, but you never allowed your face to show it, if Yoongi could be stubborn then so could you, all you were guilty of was trying to care for him when he was barely able to look after himself but all he did at times was throw it all away.

You sat opposite him at the table, pulling your phone out in the hope it would provide some kind of distraction, but you were stuck staring at him.

"Do you want to talk?" You offered, if he wasn't going to make the effort, you thought it would be best if you did, to try and bring some normality to your relationship.

"What's there to talk about?" He blankly responded.

Your head dropped; you'd hoped that a small part of him would be willing to come to some sort of compromise that the tension between the two of you needed to be dropped.

"What about the foul mood you've come home in?" You challenged him, resting your palms against the cold wood of the table. "We're supposed to be in a relationship and yet it just feels like you come just to ignore me and try and hurt me."

For the first time he looked across at you, the darkness in his eyes was one you'd never seen before, the colour had drained completely from his skin.

"I come home and you're so clingy, I can never get a moment to myself in this house," he finally admitted, raising his arms defensively into the air.

"All you have to do is say the words and I'd leave you alone."

He frowned, shaking his head across at you. "I drop enough hints Y/N, but you're too blind to see it. I come home to relax not have questions fired at me as soon as I walk through the door, it feels like I'm on trial for something."

"I'll give you your space then."

Before he had the chance to speak again you were walking out of the front door in any direction your legs carried you leaving him sat alone at the table as he tried to piece together what had happened and where the two of you went.

He stared across at the empty side of the table, knowing full well how the plot usually played out. Once you'd had the time to cool down and were ready to work things through, you'd come home, and all of the conflict would be forgotten about.

But as minutes passed, turning into half an hour, then an hour, and then passing two, a fear in Yoongi set in that he'd never felt before. It was unlike you ever to be away for this long, especially as the night began to draw in.

His hands instinctively grabbed at his phone, dialling up your number only to be left with the drawn-out tone of your voicemail greeting him. "Fuck!" He yelled, slamming his fists down onto the table as he tried to figure out where to go from here.

After three hours of complete silence, the sound of the front door quietly clicking open brought him to his feet, racing through the house his arms wrapped around your frame as soon as he reached you, pulling you tightly into his chest as he checked you over making sure you were safe. As your head rested against his chest you could feel how heavy his heart was pounding, smiling as you pulled the nervous reaction out of him you wanted.

"What were you playing at staying out for all that time?" He yelled.

You stood back from him, staring up into his eyes as you fully took in just how anxious you'd made him, beads of sweat dripping down his face. "I wanted to prove to you that I'm no pushover, if you continue treating me this way, I'll just go, for good."

"I know you're not a pushover, I was so worried that something serious had happened to you."

Your head nodded, you weren't prepared to stand in front of him and apologise for your actions, you'd done what you'd felt was right and would hopefully be the starting point in rebuilding your relationship that so often felt like it was falling apart.

"I don't care how hard your day is at work, it's not fair for you to come home and speak to me like I'm invisible. All I've ever tried to do is care for you and look after you, I just wish that you'd see it rather than being so oblivious and rude to me."

"I didn't realise how thoughtless I was being, you're right, I have been blind," he whispered.

You reached your hand forwards, intertwining it with his with a gentle squeeze to reassure him. "You told me you wanted to come home and relax, I thought making you dinner and giving a damn would help you relax, give you someone to talk to when times were getting tough for you."

His head nodded, it was hard on him trying to find the words to justify how obnoxious he'd been, never did he imagine he'd make you feel so low and have to send you to act in such desperate ways to bring him back to you.

"I'm sorry that've done this and made you feel this way, if the offer is still there I think I would like to talk to you about my day, it's been a bit of a long one." His vulnerable eyes stared across at you, sighing lightly when your head nodded.

"Why don't you head upstairs, I'll grab some snacks from the cupboard seeing as you still haven't eaten, and we can settle down and you can talk to me, and I'll my hardest to give you a bit of advice and make you feel better?"

His head nodded, slipping his hand out of yours as he made his way upstairs to tidy up your bedroom, drawing the curtains and turning the lamp on to create a safe space where he felt comfortable to talk to you about all his troubles.

"I wasn't sure how hungry you were, so I just brought a load of snacks," you called through, walking up the stairs to join him on the bed, cuddling into his chest.

His lips pressed to the top of your head as you settled against him, "all of these are perfect, they'll get me through this."

"So, what's been going on?"

"Well..."

-----

A/N

Hope you guys like it!
A follow would be great! Thank you