CHAPTER IV.

Five years later......

Swansboro, North Carolina.

It's another day in the sea port town on the east coast. A refreshing sea breeze enchanting the locals under the warm sunny weather. Rocking back and forth on the banks of the Atlantic are rising tidal waves in the backdrop of the little paradise. A few revelers can be seen taking a dip in the deep blue, others walking their dogs and running around the sandy sea shores. 

Jaimie McLaren is on his motorbike, a 1956 Triumph Bonneville. He is speeding down the freeway, his bronze hair wavy in the wind. Hidden from our view by his dark shades are a pair of blue eyes. Dorning a black leather coat, trousers and boots to match his all white T shirt. He brings the beast to a halt near a diner on the freeway. He saunters to the diner leaving the masterclass parked in the lot.

The doors open and a bell chimes simultaneously, signaling the entry of a customer at Rico Cafe. A favorite food joint for the folk at Swansboro who always stop by for a bite. Checked red and white floors, a marble countertop with neatly arranged stools.

It's mid- morning and the place is barely packed. A Kyle and Kehlani classic is playing in the background, "playing with me."(no pun intended). He walks to his usual booth at the far end of the room. A waitress walks up to him in a blue and white stripped uniform to take his order.Her long legs and thighs on display due to her uniform's inability to reach her knees. Pruning her caramel hair she talks to the Swansboro heartthrob.

"Jaimie, how's your morning?" Asks the waitress warmly, her bubbly excitement clearly on full  display.

"It's fine Carol but you already know what I'm gonna say," Jaimie tells her taking off his glasses.

"Okay, I'll go get her," Exits Carol as Jaimie grins satisfactorily looking out the window.

A minute doesn't go by and another waitress goes over to him.

"You sent for me?" Her voice doing little to hide her displeasure.

"You make it sound like I'm your billionaire boss and I want you to kiss my feet." Says Jaimie toying with her.

"If you won't tell me what you want then please excuse me I've got work to do." The waitress tells him unapologetically wanting to leave but Jaimie holds her back.

"Jade! Why won't you go out with me?" Jade's brown eyes come into view the minute she gently pushes her hair behind her ear. Her locks tied up into a ponytail but her demeanor is still the same. She has grown into an exceptionally attractive woman from the teen she was. No wonder Jaimie had taken notice.

"I told you and I will tell you again, I don't like you," The other customers at the joint overhear Jade tell Jaimie feeling sorry for him as they look on. Jade was brutally blunt if you'd have asked any of them. His blue eyes look defeated, as his face falls.

"You're pretty straight forward," replies Jaimie trying to maintain his composure.

" And you seem to have a hearing problem," says Jade holding a tray in hand. Her posture exuding unmatched confidence. A jade necklace rests on her bosom as Jaimie takes notice of it. It's rich green allure a magnet of attraction to anyone who saw it. It's edges sealed with gold as it was held by a beautifully crafted golden chain.

"What are you looking at?" Jade asks defiantly her glaring eyes fixed on Jaimie.

"I've never seen you with that necklace before and it's a very rare one if you ask me. I've never seen anything like it." Jaimie gets to his feet still enthralled by the Astradian gem. Flashes of memory's from Jade's past play in her mind. She recalls how her father had gifted her the necklace and how she'd always had it with her ever since.