Chapter 3 - Voices Part 1

I was standing beside beasty waiting for Zoe when she finally came out of the psychology building grinning from ear to ear and skipping along the path until she reached me.

"may I ask what's with the Cheshire grin?" I asked.

"oh nothing" she said going red "just that we have been invited to go to a party tonight and it's fancy dress so maybe it's a good thing that we are going to get our costumes today".

"really? Who's invited us?" I replied as I unlocked beasty.

"brad did and he's going persuade Adrian to come as well" Zoe said climbing in.

Selena.... Selena.... Selena....

I turn around at the voice and dont see anyone, thinking nothing of it i climb in the drivers seat, slide the key into the ignition, shut the door and pulled out of the car park.

"im surprised youve not said anything" Zoe said.

"hmmm? Sorry i thought i heard something just before i got in the car" i replied "you was saying?".

"i said brads going to persuade adrian to come to the party as well" Zoe said.

"oh that will be cool" i replied focusing on getting us back to mine in one piece.

"so what are we going to go as?" Zoe said.

"i dont actually know" i replied.

"i know we can go as thelma and louise from the film thelma and louise!" Zoe said.

"didnt they commit suicide together?" I replied.

"right, didnt think that one through" Zoe said thinking "oh i know how about jack and sally from nightmare before Christmas? We've already got the make up so really we would only have to get a pinstriped tshirt and black trousers or something and im sure i could find something in a thrift store".

"im assuming that i would be jack and you would be sally?" I questioned.

"obviously" Zoe replied "your skinnier then i am and besides black and white pinstripes dont really suit me".

I pulled up out the front of my house and reversed into Zoe's driveway, turned off the ignition and got out reaching for my bag in the back.

"so whats happening with us going to the party then?" I asked walking to my front door and opening it.

"well from what i know is brad and adrian are going back to adrians for abit, something about making sure adrians mum dont need anything while they are out or something then they will meet us here" Zoe said reeling the plan off to me and following me inside "oh and i made sure to give brad your address".