Round the bend

(Y/N) pov

I push forward through the dead city of mombasa, met by human and alien corpses at every corner and crevices.

Strangely Elite bodys are layed in piles together all around, all with backs against the wall, like they were executed.

Thinking of it I only recall brutes and jackals and grunts, but no live elites. What could have happen to cause that? Virus? No the elites have plasma burns, friendly fire, could the covenant or sangheili have betray one another?

I don't know but I gotta keep moving, if I manage to capture a covenant I might be able to squeeze a answer out of them.

As I continued forward I made my way through building and streets, scavenging gear, weapons, and scouring any terminal I can. I found audio logs of civilians trampled in the chaos, and corpses of soldiers in their holdout.

I found a shotgun and assault rifle in the mess of dead UNSC, as I walkout to a balcony I spot plasma fire from a building across the way, with the fire in the direction of a swarm of brutes and a floating thing.

I count 5 brutes, 2 gold officers and 3 jetpack jumpers. Support by two 5 man grunt outfits and a handful of jackals as well as there damn snipers.

I lurk through shadows before getting spotted by a sniper, with their attention shifted to me I fire a barrage at the sniper suppressing them before running into a squad of grunts, I pop a frag and drop it at the commaning brutes feet before he bash me out of range in rage, tik tik and hes nothing but feet now.

I take fire from above as jetpack jumpers land all around me, I take a slash from ones brute shot when suddenly a his face is burned from plasma, a shot had game from the building to save me.

With that I pull the shotgun and blast out the brutes guts, I run for cover and scower for a med kit. A nearby terminal lights up the the superintendent highlighting some medigel, I quickly crack it open and generously apply it my wounds.

Down 2 brutes and 1 grunt squad amd well as 1 jackle sniper, 3 brutes and 1 squad left.

I grab a spike grenade and bolt into the middle of the battlefield and stick it to a brutes chest before moving forward and blasting another, a hear the boom of the grenade when suddenly Im hit in the back of the head.

Next I know the final brute officer is picking me up by my throat. Just as I realize whats going on the big ape yells as a blue blade pumps through his chest, as he falls I land on my knees, looking up to see a sangheili offering her hand.

As she lifts me she spoke

"I did not expect you to aid me human, I... thank you"