Drop

Y/N pov

I was sitting here, resting in my pod.
Earlier today I was assigned to team, guess we've lost so many were scrounging together who we have left.

The covenant reached Earth like they did reach a few weeks ago.

But I cant let that affair take over my mind, I gotta prepare to drop, need my mind in full order to Orient myself once I hit the ground.

*Brrrrr*

*Brrrrr*

*Brrrrr*

Buck:You know the music, Time to dance!

*Murmurs*

Buck:Pods, Now!

===

*SLAM*

Romeo:Wake up butter cup.

Dutch:Relax rookie, he dont mean nothing. Besides nows one of those times pays to be the strong silent type.

Dutch handed me a silence smg as he says that, I grab it thankfully and strap it inside my pod.

Dutch walks off as I strap my harness on, the pods door closes and moves to drop.

Dare:Lates intel says convenient troops are massing beneath the carrier.

Buck:There pulling back? Why?

Dare:We aint gonna find out way up here.

Buck:Troopers! We are green and very very mean!

Y/N:I dont look vary green.

The pods start releasing as the jet atop it ignites, careening us down.

I see the wreckages of UNSC frigates as one of the troopers makes a comment I am to preoccupied to listen to.

As we break the clouds the thrusters ignite adjusting course away from the carrier our target, suddenly the carrier jumps to slip space, the other pods deploy there shutes.

As mine does to Bucks pod slams into mine, as I spiral downward I start to slip and lose consciousness.

I grab the inelternal handles to keep in place but my vision goes dark, and I start to lose grip.

==========

Boop

Boop

Boop

I open my eyes and raise my gaze upward, greeted my a red night sky, tinted by fire, with the sight of a convenient phantom flying by, unconcerned by my existence.

My pod door blasts open, I see I am fert in the air, with a drop my only way to the ground.

Y/N: Bones dont break me now.

I jump and hit the ground, my renforced bones dont break, but the flesh hurts with internal damage from brushing.

I crouch for a moment catching my breath before moving to a health kiosk to heal my wounds

The digital screen changed to a simple circle for a face infront of a error screen as the predetermined advertisement audio plays.

I take the medigel pack wothout having to pay the machine. Strange.

Instead of waiting pondering I make a move to high ground, observing my area for hostiles

Judging by the lack of UNSC and the presence of convenient the fight is still on.

As I move I spot a dead marine, I check his body to find its cold.

Y/N:Rest on peace trooper, I'll finish the fight.

I spot a brute and rush into cover.

I wait for him to pass to get a shot at his spine to kill. As his body falls I turn to spot his squad of grunts, I take cover to ambush them but they spot me or the dead body, I jump out and gun them down as they flee, meaning they spotted the body first.

With the tangos dead I push forward to find a round about, I hang right and find dead UNSC by barricades.

I can only guess by the dead bodys thag we already lost the fight, I can omly hope for some sort of hold out of humanity in this city.

I spot another group of grunts, signaling another brute leader.

Usually Elites lead grunts, its weird that brute lead them, especially sjnce they have shorter tolerance spans.

I digress and move to action. I spot rhe brute behind them and move sneakily to them.
With the grunts moving to the center J easily kill the brute without attention drawn to us.

I put distant between me and the ground only to find the door to the next section on the city is locked, meaning I have to pass through the ground.

I want to avoid conflict but it seems clearing the pestilence fron this sector is my only option.

I take the grunts by surprise, mowing them down with half of my mag without them putting a shot off.

I push to a new direction and hear what I can Identify as jackle grunts and see a troop of grunt move on a adjacent street.

As I move up a set of stairs I spot a brute. I gun down two grunts before being spotted by a brute that I quickly dispatch. I move down the steps and stick a plasma grenade to a brute as he screams in rage and gun down two more grunts, the grenade explodes as J gun down the theird and last grunt.

With that the sector is cleared of convenient.
With all done I collected my m8nd and made a plan, suddenly a pay phone rings to life, I pick it up and my hud automatically downloads something, I realized the citys superintendent is accessing my systems.

I come to turns and realize it is attempting to help me.

I suddenly have access to audio logs and a map of the city, it shows a door way to a new section is open with a marker leading the way.

Guess I have a objective to follow now.