Chapter 13

"Batwoman, do you copy? Did your plan to tail Ryan work?" Luke asked Batwoman as she stood in the shadows near the location Ryan had arranged the meeting with her contact.

"Yeah, but tip off the Crows that there's an associate of Alice waiting at this location." Batwoman said.

"Why?" Luke asked.

"Because Ryan's contact just tipped Alice off that Ryan's coming for her." Batwoman said.

"Copy that. I'll keep tabs on Ryan, you quickly string that asshole up real quickly and then get to that sugar factory before Ryan gets herself and Mary killed." Luke said as Batwoman fired her grappling hook to zip down to Blair.

"Whoa, who are you?" Blair asked.

"Someone who can't be hurt by that gun we both know your packing and is more likely to hurt you if you don't talk." Batwoman said.

"What do you want?" Blair asked.

"I want to know why you just sent that woman to her death. She came to you for help and paid you a hell of a lot more than you deserve and you still sold her out to Alice. Give me a reason now." Batwoman said.

"You really think I'm scared of you? You're not Batman." Blair said.

"You're right, he'd let you live. I make no such promise." Batwoman said as she punched the bastard straight in the face before using her grappling hook to string him upside down from a rafter.

"You really think that'll scare me? Whatever you do to me, Alice will do ten times worse if I squeal on her." Blair said, only to wince as Batwoman twisted his wrist in a way it definitely was not supposed to go.

"Well Alice isn't here right now, but I am." Batwoman growled.

"Look, that Wilder chick was gonna die because of Alice sooner or later. At least this way she gets a chance to say goodbye to her little girlfriend first." Blair said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Batwoman demanded.

"Wilder's been out for Alice's blood for nearly a year now, since Alice is responsible for her adoptive mother's death. I'm just helping her see her mommy again." Blair said with a chuckle, only to shut up when Batwoman punched him again.

"Batwoman, the Crows are en route to your location. Should I give the location of the sugar factory?" Luke asked.

"No, they'd just get in the way and depending who's on the op, they could end up getting any hostages killed too." Batwoman said.

"Understood." Luke said.

"I better get going before Ryan gets herself killed. Make sure all the information you recorded me getting from this SOB to Agent Moore." Batwoman said.

"Copy that. And also, I'm sending you something I think you'll really like." Luke said.

"What are you talking about?" Batwoman asked.

"You should find out in 3, 2, 1." Luke said as Batwoman heard wheels screeching and saw headlights headed her way and grinned when she saw what it was.

"So, you finally found it." Batwoman said as the Batmobile pulled up next to her.

"Yep. Helps that Bruce was still here and told me exactly how to find it. Turns out he hid in the Batcave this whole time behind a fake wall." Luke said.

"Of course he did. Remind me to give this thing a paint job when I get back." Batwoman said.

"Will do, but for now, you should probably get going." Luke said.