Chapter 5: Welcome to Your New Home

⚠️a/n: this chapter is pretty detail heavy. ik that there are readers, (like me,) who love detail and want to know the exact surroundings, while others could care less.

i've added "< >" around the paragraphs that are pure detail of the mansion, so those who hate detail can skip to the interactions.

please enjoy! ;)

⛧ ⛧ ⛧

Your jaw drops as soon as you step off the truck. The building in front of you is HUGE, like something that belonged to a royal family.

"Try not to lick the forest floor. There's probably ol' blood on it." Kate comments.

You immediately shut your mouth, a little embarrassed. "So, you guys live here?"

"Yeaah! I-i-it won't even compare t-to your suburban h-h-home." Toby grins and bolts inside.

Home. You think back to your family. Your friends.

You feel someone grab your shoulder. You glance left to see Hoodie. He tilts his head in the direction of the door, and makes his way there.

Even though his gesture was so minimal, it felt very comforting to you.

The masked man, whose name you learned was Masky, walks in after Hoodie.

You turn to Kate, and she's focused on the door. You shuffle over to her.

"Pssssst, what are you looking at?" you whisper to Kate.

"I'm waitin' for a signal." she whispers back.

"Huh? Why are you waiting for a signal?" you ask in your normal volume.

"Dunno who's left in the mansion. They're bipolar with their decisions." You can tell she was rolling her eyes under her mask.

Masky then comes back to the door and holds a hand signal. Kate nods, and starts walking towards the door.

"What did that mean??" you question.

"It's sign for seven." Masky says, "There's seven home right now, excluding us. And.. I guess, now you." He stalks away once you get close to the door.

You enter after Kate and your jaw drops once more. Even though the outside looked gray and a bit unkept, it was the complete opposite on the inside.

It was still a bit edgy, but it was an amazing sight.

<
There is a staircase to the right of you and a door to the left. Straight ahead is a hallway.

"Up there," Kate points to the stairs, "is supposed to be the study, but it's more of an extra foyer now. And that's the front patio door. You can also get there from the sun room."

She continues down the hall. She points left and right as she says, "Closet and bathroom."
>

She spins around. "Do ya' need to go pee or anythin' before we continue the tour?"

"Uuuuuagh... no..?" you respond off guard.

"Alrigh'." She follows the path she was originally taking.

You hear talking as you approach the end of the hall. Kate motions you to stop as she steps into the room.

"Oh hello Kate! You're home early. How was your night?" a voice asks, it was a little echo-y.

"Kaaateeyy!!" a little girl's voice exclaims.

"Hey Sal! Uhm, today was pretty good. More interestin' than most." Kate tells them.