III. ENSLAVED

•"Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God"•

¹"How that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

²" While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

³ "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:"

As a Christian,we sometimes commit different kinds of sins from the lowest level until we reached our boiling points and started to erupt. Many of us are short-tempered people,we cannot hide the fact that we can make a mistake every single day and it is not only for once;it can be committed twice, thrice and more than that.

Patience and understanding are the best kinds of characteristics that we must have.
We must learn how to control ourselves from the temptations that this world introduces to us by using the power of prayer.

As for me,prayer is the best tool that we can use on how to fight our battles in life. It can be spoken loudly and it can even be silent,but,both of it will possibly heard. You know,God wants his children to ask Him. How can He provide all of your needs if you,as His child doesn't know how to call His Name?

Within this matter,I didn't say that God doesn't know all of your needs. He knew what you need,all of His plans is guided accordingly. Your future is ready,but,I will give you an example.

You are a person,with a mother and a father.
You just went home from school and you need money because you are going to make a project and your teacher set a scheduled date for it to be submitted. You have no money and the only option is to ask your father,because he is the one that provides all of your basic needs. What will you do?

A. Ask your father if he has a lot of money and demand that you need it for the project.
B. Greet your father cheerfully,ask him if he is okay and tenderly talk about his job and as the conversation goes fine,you can pinpoint your needs.

Now,what is your answer? Are you the first option who demands or you are the sweet ones?

Look,as the Bible says,
⁴"For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

We are all enslaved from our sins. The bondage has been broken and we are now free. The freedom that we are experiencing right now must be used to glorify the one who was nailed into the cross!

5"For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."

Are you still a slave of your past?
Look,you must learn how to move forward. As you went back into that kinds of memories that you had,you will never step forward. Move on. Your past experience doesn't define you. It will just shape your personality, provide great knowledge and understanding on how you cope up with every challenges that you may encounter.

"Experience is the best teacher".
Everyday,you'll learn new things and I hope that you'll apply all of your learnings into your everyday life.

You must tell this to yourself:

I am no longer a slave.
I am no longer a slave of fear.
For I am a child of God!

6

7"No Longer Slaves"
(performed with Jonathan David Helser & Melissa Helser)

You unravel me with a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance from my enemies
'Til all my fears are gone

I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

From my mother's womb
You have chosen me
Love has called my name
I've been born again to a family
Your blood flows through my veins

I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

I am surrounded
By the arms of the Father
I am surrounded
By songs of deliverance

We've been liberated
From our bondage
We're the sons and the daughters
Let us sing our freedom

You split the sea
So I could walk right through it
My fears are drowned in perfect love
You rescued me
And I will stand and sing
I am a child of God

You split the sea
So I could walk right through it
You drown my fears in perfect love
You rescued me
And I will stand and sing
I am a child of God

Yes, I am
I am a child of God
I am a child of God
Yes, I am
I am a child of God
Full of faith
Yes, I am a child of God
I am a child of God

I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God