𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

For the next few days, I've been noticing there were villagers who were willing to keep watch at night in different areas. It was both an advantage and disadvantage since targets are already outside, but we've got no idea what the Madrigals are planning. I've had to communicate to papa about our situation through paper in case Delores was listening to everyone. As I was doing my own thing, I heard a familiar knock on top of the house.

"Hermosa?! Are you alive in there? Erm...sorry bad joke!" Camilo's muffled voice came from above.

Ever since this quarantine started Camilo had some crazy idea to hang out on my roof because it was 'safer'. I highly doubt a roof is safer than the ground but if it allows me to see him then so be it.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back.

I used the ladder already set up on the side of the house to get to the top. As usual, he greeted me with his charming smile and dazzling eyes.

"Is it just me, or do you look even prettier than last time?~" He asked in a teasing manner.

I blushed, returning a soft smile and responded "It's just you."

"Nonsense, princesa. It's never just me." He winked making me blush harder.

For the next few hours, we sat back and enjoyed each other's company and conversations. This was a nice feeling I was now so afraid to lose.

"So is it just you and your father here?" Camilo asked.

"Yeah." I sighed sadly. "My mother passed from a disease just before we started to move in here." I lied.

"Oh, I'm really sorry Y/N. I shouldn't have asked." He said placing his hand onto mine.

"Don't be, it was a long time ago." I responded as we sat in silence.

It was strange to have little to zero noise around. It's always been noisy, but now it sounds dead and abandoned. Camilo loudly sighed.

"I hope this all ends soon. Everywhere is boring now." He whines making me giggle at his childishness.

"I'm sure there's something we can do, right?" I tried to reassure him.

"Yeah!" He quickly sat up. "Come over for dinner!"

"Huh?" I asked. "Are you sure everyone is okay with that?"

"Oh yeah, I already told them before I came."

So he planned this from the start.!

"Let me just ask my papá." I said making my way down and into papá's room.

"Papa?" I knocked. "Camilo invited me over to dinner. So, can I go?" I asked.

A piece of paper was slipped under the door.

Be careful and make sure to control your eyes.

I started my way back as a realization crossed my mind.

This is the perfect opportunity for me to get in on what they're gonna do.

"He said it's alright." I informed Camilo who made his way down and grabbed my hand.

"Good. It's getting dark so we better hurry."

"Ok- GAH!"

Before I knew it he was running full speed all the way to Casita, keeping me close. He was incredibly fast and not that I'm slow or anything, but these shoes are definitely not for running. I finally caught my breath as we arrived.

"Sorry, was I too fast!?" Camilo apologized.

"No, it's better we got here before dark." I answered.