𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱

"Y/N. Y/N!"

I rose my head after rudely being shaken awake by Papá. I felt like I just finished running for miles nonstop. My body ached as my stomach growled for food.

"The Madrigals are going around time to give out supplies. They'll be by soon. Or at least one of them." He whispered in a sort of teasing matter.

I wasn't in the mood, or the condition to laugh right now. I only gave him a soft smile. I could tell he didn't buy past it and carried me to the kitchen, placing me in the chair as he made us both coffee. Along with it, he handed me a cloth which was wrapping something, and of course it was stained red. The scent made my mouth water real quick sending my eyes into their ghoul state.

"We should make it quick mija. They'll be here soon."

I quickly confirmed that as a different but familiar scent hit my nose.

Camilo.

I practically shoved everything down and recollected myself. We ran around throwing away old notes along with anything else too revealing. Papá also warmed up some Ajiaco on the stove to get rid of that smell lurking around. As if on cue from the moment we finished, a loud knock came from the door.

"Y/N? Mr L/N? It's Camilo! I just wanted to drop off a few things for you guys, they should last a good while. I think."

Camilo's muffled voice came from the other side as I held back my giggling. Papá urged me forward as I answered the door. There again, was that charming smile of his and breathtaking eyes holding a bunch of food and other supplies. I guess I got carried away again, he chuckled and softly grazed my cheek with his finger bringing me back down to earth.

"I know, you don't see someone as handsome as me everyday~. Well... you kinda do, but you know what I mean!" He replied making me blush madly. I cringed of embarrassment hearing Papá laughing from behind.

"S-Sorry! I mean....it's nothing like that!"

I invited him in after my terrible attempt to redeem myself. I helped Camilo unload everything he brought and placed them anywhere they would fit. Only because-

"Wow, you guys sure do love coffee huh?"

Well, because of that. I noticed Camilo staring at our coffee filled cupboards with astonishment. I whipped up an excuse like "it's just really helpful in waking us up in the morning" and moved on.

"Is that healthy?" Camilo asked closing the cupboard.

"I guess it's not totally healthy, but y'know it gets the job done as long as we don't drink it to often." I gave him a smile of reassurance.

Before long, everything was unpacked and set basically everywhere in the kitchen. The sight of all this normal food made me cringe, but it's not like I'm in a position to turn him down. And even if I was, there was no way I could say no after Camilo somehow managed to haul all this to our house on his own. I really didn't want to see him go yet.

"Hey, did you by chance need a hand. I could come with you and help out." I offered.

"It's okay. And besides, you're much safer inside than out with us. Also, I don't think you'll want to listen to my máma scold me. She doesn't exactly know I came here, by myself." Camilo nervously chuckled.

Of course she doesn't. Kinda figured that was why he was alone. There's no way Pepa would let him roam about right now alone.

"It's okay. I wouldn't mind much anyways. Listen, your family trusted me enough to let me in on this whole thing the least I could do is help out. Please?"