𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳

Come nightfall, the hunger was unbearable. I couldn't even change my eyes back to normal. I was dressed in my hunting attire, and put my mask on. I grabbed what I needed before heading out the door. I glanced at my wrist, at the bracelets Camilo made me. I may not see him again after this. I hid them under my sleeve before setting out.

With each "night watcher" I passed by, the stronger the aroma of flesh was filling my nostrils. It was getting stronger but the second, but I had to hold back until I found somewhere secluded.

Flesh!

No no no no!

I could practically feel my eyes change in appearance. I had the sudden urge to pounce and attack. It was taking control. I didn't have much time left. Keep going! Keep going! Keep going!

Flesh

Flesh!

FLESH!

I can't anymore....

I no longer had control of myself. I was slipping away as the curse took hold of me. My body, now acting on its own followed its instincts as I came across an older man. Finally, I charged full speed at him. But to my very surprise, he turned to me with his guard completely up and shoved me away. We both still ended up on the floor, and I feel some sort of power surge through me. The power of the curse.

I didn't want to fight this one, but my body thought otherwise and I lunged at him. Again, I was blocked as he fought back. This man wasn't like the others. At all. But still, I continued to try and grab him. Despite having the strength of the ghoul, it's like this old man was some born athlete. Is he like me? Is he a ghoul?

I understood I had no chance at winning, and with the little control I still had I retreated.

~~~~~

I ran through the front door, and to the coffee cabinet. After that man, I didn't bother trying to find someone else. I didn't even have time to make it and just shoved the coffee grounds in my mouth, forcing it down. I had to eat 4 of them before I started to feel my hunger calm down. I could finally change my eyes back. But that was the worst coffee I've ever had.

I'm sorry, papá

That mam. He was so different. The first to have ever fought back. The first to have even see me actually, thank god I had the mask or else I would've really freaked him out. But it's like he knew I was coming. And his mobility wasn't ordinary for someone his age either. Who was that? Did he have the ghoul power? The strength? Or was he just some regular human with really good combat?

Camilo POV

I lied in bed, staring at the dark ceiling. I didn't know what to say or think. I didn't know what to do. I was out of breath, as I caressed the bracelet in my hands. I brought it to my face, and sighed.

Why?