𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 | Kindness Prevails All.

"Ma'am! Do you need any help with your bags?" I asked politely as I see an older lady struggling with her bags.

"Oh, yes please! Thank you young man!"  The older lady replied happily.

She wore a white suit and she had long, auburn hair. I just assumed she was older than me due to her appearance.

Helping someone in need has always been one of my main reasons to keep going.

In the past, I didn't have anyone to help me other than my mom, though it was the both of us that needed help, not just me.

So from now on, I want to help as many people as I can.

I grew stronger from my situation, so I want to use my strength to help other people.

I don't like to think of myself as annoying or overly nice, I just like to think of myself as a helpful person.
Though some might disagree, I could really care less to be honest.

I walked next to the older lady to her car, it looked very expensive. She opened the trunk and asked me to place them there. Before bidding my goodbyes to her, she patted my head and thanked me. I said you're welcome and then we said our goodbyes to each other.

I had a feeling that I might see her again someday but I brushed that feeling off quickly and began my walk home.

• • •

"Mom! I'm home!"  I shouted as I arrived home, taking my shoes off at the door.

"Oh M/n! I'm in the kitchen!" My mom yelled.

I make my way over to the kitchen to see her making dinner.

"How was work?"  She asked as she ruffled my hair.

"Oh, the same as usual."  I replied with a smile on my face.

My mom had to stop working because of health problems, and my dad.. wasn't in the picture.

It was better that he wasn't though, due to the kind of person he was. But due to these things, I took on all the responsibilities.

I have two jobs in order to provide for me and her. On weekdays, I work at a bakery from 4pm to 9pm. On weekends, I work at a convenience store from 5pm to 12am.

I use most of what I make for bills and my mom's medicine, and with whatever's left I use for food and other things for around the house.

Sometimes it does get stressful but it's fine. I'm fine. I don't mind doing that at all.

My mom deserves more than this though.. I just wish there was more that I could do.

"M/n~ My sweet boy, there was something you wanted to ask me earlier, right?"  She asked as she smiled and placed her hand on my cheek.

"Oh! Yes uhm.. well, how do I put this.. Uh, can I transfer to a different school?"  I asked hesitantly.

"You want to transfer? Why? What about your friends?"  She questioned.

'I.. don't have friends though..'  I thought to myself, I would never say that out loud though.

"Oh uh, m-my friends don't mind!" I lied, I hate lying to my mom but this time it was really necessary.