𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 | Gyerong High.

I walked out of the apartment with my mom, holding her hand just cause.

Actually, that was a lie. I was a bit nervous to be honest.

We were on our way to the school so I could get enrolled there and officially transfer. It wasn't that far of a walk so that's good.

We walked into the building and I looked around.

Since it was a Monday there were a lot of kids there obviously. I felt slightly uncomfortable with all the stares but I just decided to ignore them, a smile still on my face.

I was panicking internally though, so I gripped my mom's hand a bit tighter but not too tight. That made her smile for some reason.

As we make our way to the main office, we are greeted by who I assume to be the principal.

We then follow him to his office so we could sign some papers and talk about other stuff.

I was too nervous and excited to listen that well,
smiling from ear to ear the whole time like a little kid.

I soon snap out of that trance though as he begins to explain to rules of the school and other stuff.

• • •

The principal said that I could take a tour around the school if I wanted to so I could know where things are and other stuff like that.

I accept of course and began to walk around the school.

It was a bit later in the day so class had already started, meaning that the hallways were empty.

I made my way up some stairs and found my way onto the rooftop.

It looked nice. It had lots of places to sit for the students. I decided that tomorrow whenever I actually start attending here that I would eat lunch here.

I walked back out the door of the rooftop and walked around the inside of the school a bit more.

• • •

"Here's your uniform. You will officially start attending here tomorrow. We're happy to have you join us, M/n."  The principal said with a smile on his face.

I smiled and bowed in respect.

"Thank you for having me, sir!"  I say happily.

My mom and I then said our goodbyes to the principal and started to walk home.

On the walk home, me and my mom talked about whatever came to mind.

"Hey mom?"  I say as we walk next to each other.

"Yes dear?"  She says with a smile on her face.

"Do you remember what you told me that day? Before tucking me in that night?" I ask as I glance at her.

"Hm.. the 'kindness prevails all' thing?"  She asked curiously, wondering where I was going with this conversation.

I was a little shocked that she knew exactly what I was talking about, but I guess that's just a mother's intuition.

"Uhm, I just wanted to tell you that I will always remember and live by that. I know we've both been through a lot over the years but.. I will always choose to be kind and help others whenever I can." I say with a smile.