02

—It's now 6 in the evening and Noriko's in her usual shorts and big t-shirt, buying apple juice and chips because she's planning on staying up late to watch anime. It's been days when she heard the conversation between Ayane and her friends. Those passing days stressed her a little. She still sees her sister with Kita like she didn't just told her friends all that. Riko had to stop herself suddenly pulling Ayane's hair everytime she's with him. It was such a foul move.

"Oh?" A very familiar voice cuts her off from staring at the chips. She turns to her right and saw the last person she wanted to see right now.

Kita looked shock seeing Noriko at the convenience store, specially since she was wearing revealing clothes once again. They both stare at each other for a good one minute before Noriko fakes a cough earning all his attention.

"Uhm, hi." She greets, her voice dry obviously uninterested seeing him at that moment. Kita remembers again what she said days ago making him suddenly take a step back and he took a 90 degree bow startling her and even the old man standing 10 meters away from them.

"I'm sorry for talking to you Kunigami-san." He says. Noriko blinks twice before understanding what the hell just happened. Goodness.

Kita attempted to leave her so he wouldn't be intruding her anymore when Noriko's hand find it's way on the hem of his jacket stopping him from taking any step. Kita turns to her, and sees a small smile on her lips.

"Sorry about that, I'm taking it back. You can talk to me now." She says. Kita releases a breath he didn't know he had making the girl chuckle a little. He looked so tense earlier. She didn't think that Kita would take her words too seriously.

"I'm sorry if I ever offended you Kunigami-san.." he apologizes. Riko waves her hand, "No, it's okay please don't apologize anymore. " She said with a fake laugh trying to lighten up the mood a little.

Noriko didn't know what the hell she was doing but there's no turning back now. Might as well push it all the way through since she's already here. She points the empty tables inside the convenience store with her thumb and Kita looks at her curiously.

"Wanna eat with me? If you have nowhere urgent to go to that is.." she says, hugging her chips and apple juice on her chest. Kita looks around and shrugs.

He wouldn't mind spending a little time with her. After all, Noriko intrigues him.

"Okay, I don't really have plans for tonight. Thank you for having me." He says making Noriko flustered, he's so polite making her want to smack him with a bag of chips.

" Please stop being so formal around me Kita-san." She said shaking her head at him. Kita tilts his head a little. " Does it bother you?" He ask and she nods her head as an answer.

" I feel like I'm old or something.." she mumbles but Kita hears her. He chuckles a little shocking her a bit but nevertheless smiled. "Alright, I won't be so formal around you if that's what you want."

"So, how are you and my sister Ayane?" She ask while she was sipping her apple juice catching him off guard. Why would she suddenly ask that?

"Uhm, we're okay." He answers. Not sure how to answer such question. Noriko raises her eyebrow at him, she cross her legs and casually lean on her sit. Swaying her foot from time to time. That wasn't the answer she was looking for.

"You like her don't you?" She stated, direct to the point. Kita almost choked on his bread. His eyes look at her and she looked uninterested with the conversation making him ask himself again why she's asking such.

"Sorry, was I too much?" Noriko awkwardly scratches the back of her head and she offers her juice which he gladly took. After a couple of seconds, Kita answers her.

"Yes, I do like her. Very much actually." He say. Noriko couldn't see any signs of hesitation in his eyes. She sighs mentally, feeling sad for him but she can't really interfere. It wasn't her place and if she ever speaks what she heard that day he might get upset and worst is he might accuse her of lying.

"You don't look to happy knowing that I like her.." Kita wakes her up from her thoughts. Riko raises her head to look at him, his face was once again void of any emotions. She couldn't understand what was running through his head.

"Have you asked her out?" She asks to dodge his question. She could answer him yes right now, she isn't really happy about his feelings for Ayane but that's too much for him to know. 

Kita thinks about it for a quick second. He never had the courage to do such thing. He was always contented to what they have right now. He wanted to take it slowly but surely. Ayane isn't just any girl, he's the girl he fell in love with that's why he wanted it badly to work with her.

"I haven't really thought about that, I'm just happy to be with her right now." He answers truthfully to her and Riko nods in understanding.

So they aren't really dating yet and the chances are pretty slim right now. She can't really talk him out because you can't simply dictate your heart what and how to feel.

"Does she like you?" They were both finish with their meals, Noriko motions him to follow her outside and he did.

"She never really told me that.." he responds. That's right. Ayane have not once told him that she likes him, she only gives him compliments from time to time. Like when he does her homeworks for her or when she watches him practice for volleyball.

"Oh. Is that so?" Was the only thing Riko could say at the moment. She feels even worst right now. How could Ayane do such thing to someone who genuinely bares feelings for her. Men like this are rare, how stupid can that girl get?

"Kunigami-san?" Kita calls her out. She looks at him briefly before unconsciously handing him her last apple juice for tonight. Kita looks at her hand and back to her face with a questioning look. She loves things why is she suddenly giving it to him?

Noriko tries to smile at him, she did but it was a little force. She is really angry at Ayane right now she could just pull her hair when she sees her.

"Goodluck with you and uh.. Ayane, I guess.." she says and forcefully shoves the juice to his arms. Noriko slides both her hands on the pocket of her shorts and Kita once again unintentionally looks down on her legs. He gulped and averted his eyes.

"Yes, of course thank you. And for the juice too, thanks.." he quietly say looking on the ground. She lets out a small hum.

"Why don't you try to walk her to school tomorrow?" She suggested out of nowhere. If she can't really curse Ayane for doing such bitchy move then she'll try her best to match them up perfectly so her conscience can finally stop pestering her.

"Huh?" Kita ask and Riko gave him a smirk, "We basically live together you know? I can show you where we live so you can walk with her tomorrow! That's a great idea isn't it?" She excitedly tells him.

Kita press his lips together as if he was trying to think about it. It didn't take him long before he agrees with her idea making her squeal inside.

" Is it really okay Kunigami-san?" Riko nods her head giving him a double thumbs up. " Yes! Don't you worry Kita-san. I'll help you with my sister I promise." She says enthusiastically.

Kita lets out a contented sigh.  Noriko suddenly looked so bright in his eyes but he shakes away the thought. He takes his jacket off and this time he was the one forcefully shoving the item to her arms making her stop from her giddy movements.

"Eh? What's this for?" She ask raising his oversized jacket. "If you're going to show me where you live then atleast put the jacket on. It's getting really cold Kunigami-san." He says making Noriko smile at him.

They both walk that evening, side by side. No words exchanged. Only comfortable silence around them that they didn't seem to mind. Kita didn't know how edgy he was these past few days after that interaction with Noriko but now he seems to finally loosen up after this conversation. Noriko affects him at some point and he doesn't realize that as Kita gives the girl side glances from time to time.