Flashy Return

A/N: Let me know if switching between first (I/Me) and second person (you) is weird. If there's one you like best or are okay with the switching here and there, Lmk!:)

🏥

You managed to successfully teleport the people and the tubs they were in. The landing wasn't perfect and unfortunately resulted in the breaking of the conference room desk. The men, women and children were all safe. With the amount of energy and focus the transfer required, you felt incredibly weak and nauseous for a short time. Thankfully it passed once Shota got there to help sort things out.

A year and some months; that's how long you were away. Thankfully, your being employed at UA and having concerned friends resulted in your apartment still being available. Additionally your cat and snake were taken care of by Nemuri and Shota.
With a little rehabilitation and physical therapy your system was cleansed of the trace chemicals from the incubation/experimental chamber of suspended animation you were in. You've gotten to practice understanding your quirk again. Shota made a point to stay with you throughout your recovery time.
It was something that made you feel more and more hopeful for the restoration of your relationship each day.
About a week after your return you had fallen asleep he kissed your forehead before leaving for only an hour to go meet with principal Nezu. That day you were were rather exhausted from a more rigorous day of physical therapy and quirk training, despite how much your body screamed at you, you pushed through it like you had when you were a student back in UA.
At the middle of your second week, you managed to regain 1/3 of the weight you lost, improved your stamina and fully regained your balance. After receiving your improvement report, Shota had not only grinned while reading over it with you but he did so with an arm around you followed by a gentle stroke to your hair.
Admittedly, these small things are small but coming from him, they mean so much. He isn't one to show affection or even show pride in another. With you it took a while for him to show admiration towards you when you went to UA together. He accepted the offer to mentor underclassmen when you were a second year. It surprised you especially considering the loss of another upperclassman you admired that he was close friends with.
He pushed you then to work harder on using your quirk strategically while also training other skills. Not only did you want to make him proud but to make sure you never let him or anyone else down.

✨✨✨✨✨

"Are you ready to go?" Shota asks as you lace up your white converse. Noticing your jacket in his hands, you nod as he holds your jacket open for you to put your arms in.
"Let's hit the road!" You smile as you half zip your jacket. Your usual lazy day attire; you have on some olive green sports leggings, a white sports bra, red cotton jacket and converse. The only downside to what is one of your staple outfits is that Shots neglected to put the pads back in both sides...thankfully it's not too cold at the moment.
As you both travel down the hall to the lobby "I can't wait to see the kitties! You've taken good care of them right?" Knowing him, he's likely over fed them.
"Yes...they've become little dictators though." He comments but sounds like he was going to say something else.
"What do you mean? My little Niffy is the sweetest cat on this earth." Passing an air vent, you zip your jacket up a little more. Almost unbeknownst to you, Shota notices and tries to discreetly see if there are any...visible signs.
With a hand on your hip, you look up at him with an eyebrow raised, your concerns at the moment are towards your cats. He manages to look away just before you notices him looking at your chest.
"Both cats are like little dictators. Mostly over who gets to use your knit blanket."
...you don't miss the slight smirk on his face and know he forgot the light padding on purpose. Not like the Amazon sports bra didn't already make it obvious when you were cold.
"They've always been that w-" before you can finish you feel Shota pull you to him as a crowd of maybe 20 reporters and people crowd you as you enter the lobby doors. From the sudden intrusion your anxiety immediately kicks in as you hear a myriad of questions. All you can think of is how to get to the other end of the lobby as fast as possible. With stress and noticing the clipboard you have to sign to leave, you unintentionally activate your quirk. With a thin wisp of glitter you safely find both you and Shota at the front desk with your hand on the clipboard.
Although he would normally scold you, he quickly signs the clipboard in your hands before returning it to the desk. Just as the crowd of people notice where you suddenly went, Shota already has your hand in his and is hurrying you to his car.
"Here I thought you'd scold me." You joke with a hint of concern that he will in fact scold you.
"Youve trained for two weeks straight N/n" he says as you make your way home.
After your moment of relief, you pull into your driveway and are immediately excited as you see both Nemuri and Hizashi.