AWAKE : TWELVE

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

Well, not everything. But fragments—bits and pieces of what happened last night.

I was at the club that night with my friends and Nayeon. I was just dancing to the beat of some generic pop song blasting through the speaker. We were celebrating because that day was the last day of our exam. I remember one of my friends saying that a girl named Irene would be playing that night. I didn't care that night; I just wanted to party and get wasted.

I walked away from them for a while to get drinks, but as I was walking, I came across a middle-aged man who's carrying papers—a ton of papers. I almost laughed at those times because of how he looked. He looks lost, like he's so out of place. I even helped him pick up the papers that were scattered on the floor.

Then I argued with him about something. It wasn't just a simple argument. I got so angry that I even shouted at his face. We practically made a scene, and the security guard dragged us outside. I can recall that moment clearly.

The only problem is that I can't remember why we argued in the first place. The reason that it started at all. It seems really important. I know it is.

But that's the thing I can't fucking remember.

I suddenly felt a heavy frustration. Ugh! I can't remember the important things. If I could just delete some useless thing from my mind, I would really do that.

I arrived at the right time at the place where we talked. Unfortunately, there's no one in there. Seriously? They even set a time, but they couldn't even follow it.

Wow, now I'm getting grumpy.

I waited another ten minutes when they arrived. I quickly tell them the things I remember about the B.M bar.

"I'm not even aware that you can get amnesia just because of being drunk," I say. Their faces are showing a sigh of seriousness and also disbelief.

"It's possible," Jeongyeon says. She's wearing a long-sleeve shirt with jeans. "But if alcohol is the only reason, our memories must have come yesterday."

"Wait...our?" Sana asks, fixing her bangs.

Jeongyeon nods. "Yes. You also can't remember what happened that night, right?" When Sana didn't answer her, she continued. "I didn't even drink a lot of beer. I just shot two bottles. I thought, I just have a low tolerance when it comes to alcohol. That's why I can't recall even one thing that happened that night."

"Why did you just tell us this today?" Mina asks with a serious tone. There's no suspicion in her voice... she's just merely curious.

So am I.

"Because I'm trying to find a reason why I can't remember a thing," Jeongyeon answers. "No one spoke to any of you about that event, so I thought I was the only one who's experiencing it."

Nayeon tosses her hair. "Then...all of us have this mysterious case about memory loss," she says. "What do we do now?"