60: The First Step To Acceptance

"What the hell are you two doing here?"

Their eyes immediately moved towards the front door, and the person who stood in it. Upon seeing who it was, their brows furrowed in utter confusion.

"Seolhyun?" It was Cheonsang University's certified Queen Bee, the one that had made Taehyung to her enemy on his first day. And the one they had seen in the cinema, part-time jobbing. Now, what was she doing in an almost run-down orphanage?

"You two. I could ask you the same thing, what are you doing here?," she demanded, slightly glaring and evidently not approving of their presence.
"We know someone here. And what about you?," Jungkook answered, trying to be polite since he did not want to start a war in an orphanage that could upset the children staying there.

"I have a friend here. She's still a minor, and she has some sort of sickness so she can't go to school. Sometimes, I also take care of the little ones for some extra money," she confessed, a little reluctantly. Taehyung couldn't help but notice how different she looked from her usual self. Her hair was put together into a low ponytail carelessly and there were reddish circles around her eyes instead of five layers of foundation and dark eyeshadow like they were used to seeing in university.

She was also dressed plainly in simple sneakers, a pair of jeans and a loose grey hoodie instead of expensive but fake designer minidresses, pantsuits and whatnot.
"We already caught you part-time jobbing in the cinema. You having money problems or something?," Taehyung inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you suddenly so interested?," she snapped with narrowed eyes. Taehyung shrugged.
"Do you want us to tell Wendy, Ailee and I-forgot-her-name? Because we have no problem doing that. No need to get so defensive, we're just curio--"

"Okay, okay! My parents cut me off when I was in high school because I kept stealing their credit cards and bought some stuff that cost a little more than what they could afford. And when I got into university, I barely had enough to pay for my tuition and to teach me a lesson, they refuse to pay for my living expenses. Part-time jobbing is gonna be my way to keep going until I graduate and I can finally get a well-paid job. Before turning eighteen, I considered emancipating and kind of... becoming an orphan, so I came here a lot. And this way, I met my friend. Her name's Yerin."

"But what could you have possibly bought that would cost so much? Did you do drugs?" She scoffed at Jungkook's presumption.
"What, and make myself an ugly and wrinkly crackwhore? No way. To be truthful, I was in love. I wanted his attention, so I bought myself the most expensive designer clothes which wasn't all that dramatic, if you ask me. What fucked my parents up so much was that I also tried to get plastic surgery, as a minor. I didn't manage to get through with it, by the way." Taehyung's expression showed shock and disgust simultaneously.

"All of that, for a guy?" She shrugged.
"Love makes you do stupid things, I guess. He's still in my courses, he dated my friend. Actually, he dated all of my friends, but I think he doesn't like me. No matter what I did, he never gave me any attention. And when I confessed few years ago, I got rejected."

The redhead shrugged. "So there's your answer, move the hell on. I know better than anyone that love makes you do stupid things, but you don't have to stay stupid. Care for yourself instead of some douche's opinions and I can assure you, you'll be happier. So, you lost your parents' support over a boy. Doesn't that make you angry?"

"I don't know, I think I was a little ashamed of myself, now that I think of it. I'm trying to move on now, although it's a bit hard. My friend who dated him said he was a manipulative asshole who treated her like shit anyways." Taehyung raised his eyebrows.
"I know a lot of those. Not gonna lie, you were kind of a bitch to me but you still deserve better. I hope everything works out with your parents."