Chapter V

WARNING: This story is being rewritten, this chapter does not match the events of chapter I

They must've been walking for hours now, guided through the labyrinth of alleys and buildings by the dingy lighting of the moon, it's light coloring their faces with a gross blue shade. One wouldn't imagine Ymir Reiss, heir to the throne walking on a wet sidewalk surrounded by rat feces and trash, 'how grotesque' was what the others would say, those pompous fools were disgusted by anything--- but that life was behind her now.

"Ymir..." Arlert called out, his timid voice echoing through the narrow space of the alley, eyes darting left and right in fear of being caught by the guards which still roamed the city their goal? Catch Ymir. 

Quirking a brow up she turned on her feet to look at him, a scowl on her face a result of being too tired and fed up with him begging her to go somewhere with more light, Fool, if she was to do that the guards would have an easier time scouting for her! Seriously, isn't he supposed to be smart? 

"What do you want.." she asked.

"U-uh... I think you should go---" he swallowed a ball of saliva which felt like a whole rock, "Go back.. to the-" before he could even finish an exasperated groan came from Ymir, "That's a new low, Arlert." she had said then continued to walk through the alley.

"Think about it Ymir..! The more time you spend out here, disobeying your mother the worse the punishment! W-we--- you, should go back before things get any worse!"

"I think it's a little too late for that Arlert." she said coldly in a matter-of-factly tone.

The next two hours of hiding and running was spent with Arlert trying to cajole her into going back to no avail! He tried literally everything, bribing, pleading, threatening! Nothing seemed to work, eventually he had given up, left only with a defeated pride as he finally accepted that no words were going to convince Ymir to go back... at least, for now.

After a few more minutes of playing cat and mouse with the guards, they finally made it to the Arlert house! Which.. proved less captivating compared to the one they had in Wall Rose, in Mitras it was no more than a small house, of course it wasn't as bad as the houses in Maria, with it's beautiful pillars decorated by spirals of leaves and flowers, it's garden filled to the brim with great bushes and flowers, lanterns glowing bright and lavishly in the night sky, walls fresh with paint the foundation beneath it, wooden and framed and a shingled roof which glowed ever so slightly in the night's light... okay it might be a little fancy but to the eyes of the high society, it was quite low class.

Ymir quirked a brow up in bemusement, "This is your.. house?" 

"It's temporary, dad made sure to buy one of the less expensive  ones because we rarely go to Mitras anyway." he quickly corrected before stopping at the sight of a lavish and affluent wagon which sat gingerly in front of the house, it was... the queen's wagon.

"Fuck."

"Shit."

They swore in unison, this was gonna be a pain in the ass.