Chapter VI

WARNING: This story is being rewritten, this chapter does not match the events of chapter I

" Fuck... "

Who would've thought even after hours spent sneaking through the grime of rat-infested alleyways of an industrializing Mithras, they'd end up gawking at the very thing they were running away from.

It was no doubt that Ymir Reiss didn't think of such scenario hence the reason she was fuming mad at the ridiculousness of it, her eyes glared at the royal carriage, it's doors ajar as the silhouette of a short figure elegantly came out of it.

Ymir darts her head to the direction of her scrawny friend.

" You... " 

" What? " the Arlert boy asked, being none the wiser to the girl's anger.

" Did you rat on me? " Ymir asked, her tone accusatory, though hushed.

In a matter of seconds, Arlert's stoic expression had crumbled into one of pure panic.

" Wha- no! " 

" Then explain why my mother conveniently showed up here, the same time we did?" she demanded with a fiery burn in her eyes which held nothing but contempt against the poor boy.

His jaw falls open a gasp coinciding with it, as though someone had stabbed him right in the heart.

" Do you really believe, that after all I did to get you out of there... I'd betray you in the end? " Arlert asked, his voice laced with hurt and utter disbelief.

Now it was Ymir's time to gasp, she did not expect such a rebuttal, all of the sudden her knees fell heavy with guilt whilst her mouth struggled to find the right words. 

A few moments of silence fell upon the pair, the pulpable atmosphere around them apparent whilst the girl fumbled with her words.

" I- I... " Ymir staggers.

" Hey. " a feminine voice calls behind them, causing the pair to jump with shock and fear.

" AH- " a hand wrapped around her mouth, muffling the glass shattering scream that was about to give away their location.

" Jeez, are you that unwilling to meet me? " Sasha? Her eyes moved slowly upwards, catching a glimpse of a few stray locks of golden hair. 

Sasha Arlert, she surely took more to her mother's personality, cold as ice and willing to kick any one's asses if they dare mess with her.

" Mmphhmmh? " Ymir tried to speak to no avail.

" A heads up would've been nice, you were gonna cause us to give away our location..!" Arlert hissed, only causing his sister to shrug with a nonchalant energy.

" I didn't want to ruin your conversation, it sounded very important. " she merely brushed off her brother's complain.

" Mm mph! "

Sasha looked down at the struggling girl, only to snicker lightly, seeming to take delight upon seeing a member of the royal family at her most vulnerable.

" Settle down your majesty, let's get you out of here first shall we? "

Ymir's eyes narrowed. " Mmmph! " a belligerent sound comes out of her.

" I'm sure you'll have ample time to heckle me later. " Sasha whispers, the light from a lamp alerting them of an impending arrival of a guard. Not a second was wasted, as the two siblings carried Ymir away like a sack of potatoes.