Chapter 2

Petra's POV

It's been a week since I met the Scarlett Witch, as well as a week since any of the Avenger's have been spotted, that is till now. Black Widow is 'stalking' me and thinks I haven't spotted her so I swung into in alley and waited for her. Sure enough she fell for the bait and I dropped behind her after she got halfway through the alleyway.

"Now what does the deadliest Avenger want with little old me?" I asked her, scaring her and having to dodge a stab attempt. "Point proven."

"Is what you said to Wanda true?" She asked directly.

"What, I said alot of things to her, but I do believe everything I told her was the truth." I said plainly.

"Why do you hate the Avenger's so much?" She asked bluntly and directly.

"Because of you guys I have no family anymore." I said and she flinched. "And it was my own fault we were even near that damn tower in the first place that day."

"How was it your fault?" She asked, this time showing a bit of kindness.

"Because I was probably the biggest Ironman/Tony Stark fan of all time until he lead that damned thing straight at us." I said before I lowered my guard upon seeing her lower hers. "If I hadn't trusted that lie, that with Ironman around everybody would be safe, my family would still be alive."

"Why haven't you attacked the Avenger's then, you obviously have the power to?" She asked like everybody who holds anger towards someone should use it as an excuse to try and kill them. "And how old were you at the time?"

"I was ten and left with a permanent reminder, also I don't attack you because I don't hurt people, I don't act on emotions, and I won't let people die on my watch and that includes an Avenger." I said before slingshotting myself past her and into the man in a black suit aiming a gun at her back. "Friends of yours?"

"Hydra." She said plainly and coldly. "I thought we got rid of that organization for good last time."

After she said that both sides of the alley were closed off by men and women with guns raised. I got back to back with Black Widow, web shooters ready to fire like it was a quickdraw match. I switched them to taser webs when I realized how close together they all were.

"Duck!" I shouted and Black Widow did as instructed, surprisingly.

I shot the webs at both ends of the alley, dropping all agents before grabbing Black Widow and zipping away with regular webs. I swung us to the tower where I landed on a balcony before knocking on the door that was soon opened by Steve Rogers, A.K.A. Captain America.

"Special delivery, one stalker." I said before hopping off the balcony and swinging away and continuing with my day.

Natasha's POV

"What did she mean by stalker?" Steve asked me.

"I decided to tail her and she somehow knew so she swung into an alley to wait for me." I answered a bit ashamed that I'm supposed to be a top spy yet I was found out so quickly.

"Why would she do that when she could have easily gotten away from you?" Tony asked from the couch.

"Because she wanted to know why I was following her." I answered. "And she answered a few questions I had, one of them being why she hates us."

"And?" Wanda asked impatiently. "Why does she hate us?"

"Because of the same reason you hated Tony, and why Tony hated Bucky." I said calmly. "It's our fault her family is dead, and she's also put some of the blame on herself."

"How old was she?" Tony asked blankly.

"Ten." I answered bluntly and everybody gasped in shock. "We left a ten year old alone in this world with some kind of permanent reminder." I answered while wanting nothing more than to hug her, which is very strange for me.

"I need to find out who it is, I already can't handle this type of guilt." Steve said starting to panic.

"Steve, look at me, Steve!" I got his attention. "We will find her and at the very least apologize, I know that won't bring her family back but at the very least we'll own up to this mistake on our own."

"Wait, if she was ten at the time wouldn't that make her eighteen or nineteen now?" Tony asked and I thought about it real quick.

"Yeah, which means she started her hero career at the age of thirteen or fourteen." I pondered.

"Great, so we've got a kid outclassing us in everything by leagues." Tony said grabbing a bottle of whiskey and pouring himself a small glass.

"Well, at least now you know why she's so against joining the Avenger's." Fury said upon exiting the elevator.

"Great, now the pirate's here." Tony said after finishing his drink and coming back to the couch.

"What are you talking about Director?" I asked him curiously.

"I've spoken with Spiderwoman before when she was protecting a reporter who was, well, reporting on your casualty list." Fury said. "I asked her to join in hopes that she would limit your casualties, though I didn't say that with a reporter right there."  He explained. "She said a flat out no before she took off with the reporter."

"What's her name?" I asked already knowing he had it.

"Petra Parker, her parents died when she was six due to a plain crash caused by a Shield and Hydra fight, she is currently unaware of this." Fury started. "She was here the day of the Chitauri invasion due to her aunt and uncle getting three tour tickets for Stark Tower due to her being a fan of both your engineering and the hope you brought people." Nick then sent a file to Friday which was then displayed. "This is the footage of them during that attack."

The video showed the Parker family skillfully avoiding getting spotted by any of the Chitauri when Ironman, or Tony, turned the corner with the giant one following him before Hulk punched it causing it to land on the vehicles abandoned on the road causing them to explode, and the explosion hit the Parkers. The next clip was during the aftermath, it showed Petra waking up with shrapnel sticking out of her right eye and her aunt and uncle dead in front of her. The audio played her scream of grief and her begging them to get up and not leave her too.

The Avenger's all had tears in their eyes, even Tony and I. Wanda got up and left, unable to process what she just saw. Vision followed her in hopes to help her as her best friend and brother figure. Tony kept opening and closing his mouth unable to speak. Clint was crying thinking about his own kids while Steve was silent and wracked with guilt. Sam and Bucky were silent, for once they stopped arguing. I was able to calm myself on the outside but on the inside I was in the middle of a storm of emotions. At this exact moment Pepper decided to walk in and spot the looks on each of our faces along with being able to look through my mask, a skill both she and Laura seem to possess for whatever reason.

"What's going on, Nick what did you do?" Pepper asked dangerously.

"I'm a murderer." Tony finally spoke and drew Pepper's attention to him. "It's my fault."

"Answer me Nick, what's going on?" Pepper demanded. "Answer me now or you're never welcome back inside this building and neither are your agents excluding the current Avenger's."

"They wanted answers and I gave it to them." Fury said plainly. "A specific incident occurred during the event nine years ago that has been coming back to bite us for around three years now."

"You don't call people's deaths an incident Director, I thought we talked about this." I said calmly but a bit angry.