Chapter 11

Petra's POV

We got back to Avengers Tower safely where Ironman had a team of paramedics waiting since we called and told him we had guests, and had Dr. Banner prep the infirmary for Mom since she's got a bullet hole in her arm. The paramedics took the people to the nearest hospital that had enough room for them.

Mom is still in the infirmary so I am sitting at the viewing window watching over Mom. I felt eyes on me and I spotted Captain America's reflection on the glass.

"If you'd like I can leave and let you watch over her." I said and he looked at me shocked. "Just make sure she doesn't use her left arm too much or she might rip her stitches, I'm trusting you with this Captain America so don't let me down again."

"Understood." He said walking up while I left the room.

As I was walking I saw the Hydra agent just standing there in the lounge half in and half out of Ironman's body so I knew he wasn't real but then the memory of what I did hit me like a truck and I buckled over before rushing to my room. I heard rushed footsteps behind me so I slammed my door shut and rushed into the bathroom and closed that door before locking it. I rushed the short distance from the door to the toilet and barely made it before I emptied the contents of my stomach into the bowl. Someone tried to open the door only to find it locked before they knocked. I didn't answer as another wave of vomit came up and into the bowl of the toilet, not that I was going to answer anyways. I heard another knock, this time much harsher and louder and I groaned before I dry heaved.

"Go away!" I shouted at whoever was incessantly knocking on my bathroom door.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok." I heard Wanda say from outside the door. "You rushed out of the room pretty fast."

"Just morning sickness." I said, trying to get her to go away.

"Alright, just call if you need me." Wanda said before I heard her receding footsteps.

I sat there waiting to see if I'd be hit by another wave when I heard a mans voice, not one I recognized. I turned around and saw the agent I had killed was standing by the door.

"You killed me, how does it feel?" The man asked. "You looked like you enjoyed it."

"You're lying." I said roughly since my throat is raw. "You can't see my face when I'm wearing my suit."

"You're right, I can't." The man said with a chuckle. "So I don't even know what the person who killed me really looks like."

"You were raping that girl." I responded, despite knowing he isn't real.

"Yeah, but I didn't kill her nor was I going to." The man responded with a smirk. "That makes you a bigger monster than me."

"I'm not a monster!" I hoarsely shouted at him. "I'm not a monster." I repeated quieter. "Am I?"

"Petra, you alright in there?" Mom said at the door. "Wanda said you rushed in here twenty minutes ago.

"You gonna tell mommy dearest what a monster her adopted daughter is?" The man taunted while I ignored him.

I rinsed my mouth out before brushing my teeth and leaving the bathroom with a fake smile on my face.

"What's with the fake smile?" Mom questioned making me tilt my head in fake confusion. "I'm a spy, I know how to spot a fake smile from a genuine one."

"Am I a monster?" I asked her while dropping the act.

"No, you're not." Mom answered without hesitation. "You're the kindest person I've ever met."

"I killed a man on the mission." I said quietly and Mom hugged me tightly with her right arm. "He was raping that girl and I lost myself to my anger, I enjoyed the fear in his eyes and watching the light leave them."

"You're not a monster, he was a monster who you saved an innocent girl from." Mom said quietly in my ear. "You saved her from as much pain as you could, Clint and I most likely wouldn't have found her until after he was finished since we were gathering data first." As Mom was talking to me the wolf pup came over and pawed my leg making me bend down and pick her up. "Plus, if you were a monster animals wouldn't trust you like this pup does."

Just then Wanda came in and I looked at her only to spot the man behind her making my eyes widen. Wanda noticed I wasn't looking at her so she looked behind her and didn't see anyone but I was still staring. She came over to me and entered my mind and she gasped at what I was seeing.

"She's lying to you, she's scared that if you know you're a monster you'll go on a rampage and kill everybody like you did me yesterday." The man said before scarlet energy erased him from existence.

"What if he's right?" I asked Wanda, as she's the only other person who knew he was there. "What if what he said is true?"

"It's not." Wanda said firmly. "I heard you offered Nat and Clint a deal?" I nodded in response to what she questioned. "Mind extending it to three people?"

"You're already forgiven, you were the one that was brave enough to admit that you all knew all along." I answered honestly.

Wanda snagged me from Mom's arm and dove onto the bed, using her powers to make sure we landed gently while I kept the pup safe. Mom chuckled before she joined us while looking at me. I nodded my head at her and she scooted closer.

"The answer your looking for isn't a definite certainty, only a possibility." Mom said and I looked dead in her eyes. "There is a chance that Bucky is the father of the baby."

"How, he wasn't there at the base and I've never even spoken directly to him or been alone with him?" I questioned, massively confused.

"Hydra had him for seventy years, over that time they got everything they could ever want out of his body." Mom explained. "They used a specific sample on you trying to get a child with both yours and Bucky's abilities and to be raised by Hydra as the perfect soldier."

"Is there any way to know for certain before the baby is born?" I asked her.

"You're not far enough along yet, I don't believe, for the test to work yet but yes." Mom answered honestly. "Why do you ask?"

"Because, if it is his child and he'd like to be apart of their life, I think he should be able to be prepared ahead of time." I answered a bit shyly.

"You are so sweet, why would you ever think of yourself as a monster?" Mom said hugging me tighter.