Chapter 1

(Edited)

Published 29th of March 2022

3rd person pov

Xiao was awoken by a sudden tapping on his arm "xiao... dad and Papa Said you have to get up..." he heard his little sister say, as he sat up, he realised it was still only   4:30 "Qiqi? Did you get timing mixed up again?" Xiao said talking more considerately than he usually does since Qiqi is his sister "Qiqi..... can't remember..." Qiqi said in her usual monotone voice, Xiao sighed as he got "well I'm up now I guess" he muttered, Qiqi hurried back to her room as Xiao decided to get ready for school.

...

Xiao checked the time again, it was now 4:50 Xiao sighed  "my first class starts at 7:30 why did Qiqi wake me up so early....." xiao thought to himself

After around 10 minutes of basically just sitting on his bed doing nothing he decided to go downstairs to get something to eat instead however, he found Childe standing in the kitchen cooking something.

He was about to sneak back up the stairs and into his room but it was to late "good morning buddy how are you doing? Excited for your first day back, after a few weeks?" Xiao sighed as he took a cup, and begin filling it with water "oh come on!! You can't just ignore me like that!!" Childe whined, Xiao gave him a glare " why are you even talking to me, go talk to dad  or something" Xiao said with a mild disgust in his voice "well Zhongli just just HAPPENS, to be asleep and,  you looked lonely anyways" Childe said the last part in a rather smug tone which just left Xiao confused.

At around 6:30 Xiao decided to leave the house, even though school started in a hour he didn't care, Childe left around a hour ago so it's not like he was doing anything, so he just figured he'd go take a detour through the park on his way to school.

As he walked to college he thought back to when his older sister Ganyu still lived I  the house, however as soon as she became a adult she insisted on moving out, saying she was a adult now which meant she wasn't her parents responsibility anymore but really, that was just a excuse to move in with her girlfriend Keqing.

Xiao sighed his mind becoming clear again, now realising how cold it actually was, I  mean it was still January to be honest, Xiao mostly enjoyed the cold and snow as a child, but it was just a nuisance nowadays when walking to school "Xiao!!! Xiao!!! Wait up!!!" A familiar voice shouted in the distance, speaking of annoyances here comes a familiar face, Xiao stopped for a second to let his friend catch up "aiya... I really thought you were gonna leave me behind" Hu tao said out 

All through elementary school Xiao never really made that many friends.

However during his first year of high school for some reason he seemed to have attracted the attention of  brown haired girl called Hu Tao, at first it was just her following him around but after awhile he found that he enjoyed the company...

"Anyways Xiao you excited for second year!?" Hu Tao said breaking the silence "what's got you so excited, second year just means harder work, and your grades are terrible, you failed almost half of your classes last year..."  Xiao said, Hu Tao stared at him with a offended look "aiya... Xiao don't you get it, I finally get to see Yanfei again!!!!" Hu Tao said rather excitedly this time "that 2n- no 3rd year in the student council?" Yanfei was probably one of the things Hu Tao talked about most, well other than teasing Xiao or deciding who she should play a prank on next.

_____________________

3rd person pov

Hu Tao and Xiao walked in silence until Hu Tao let out a over dramatic panicked gasp, Xiao sighed "what happened? Did you forget something important at your house or what?" Xiao said, used to this by now "actually, I was gonna try and get in early to try and see if I could join the student council!! I wanted to see if i could get more chances at talking to Yanfei!!" Xiao just looked at her in disappointment "anyways gotta run!!" Hu Tao yelled, as she ran off.

Xiao looked at the girl who was running off into the distance and began to take that detour through the park he had thought about earlier.

As he walked through the park he heard some kind of flute being played, curious he followed the sound to see who was playing it, as he peeked from behind some trees he saw a boy sitting on a  bench playing a flute, he had black hair done into braids at the front of his face with teal tips on the ends of his braids, with a cecilia in his hair, Xiao just stood there silently.

 soon enough xiao realised the boy had got up and left, so that Xiao decided to continue to school.

Xiao got to school around 7:00 as he walked through the hallways it was pretty empty, only small chatter from club rooms could be heard, wether it was music club, theatre club, sports teams, tech clubs, or even the student council.

On the way back from putting his stuff in his locker and getting his time-table from the office he ran into Aether and Lumine running through the halls "what are you guys doing here early your not apart of any clubs?" Xiao asked, rather curious "oh hello Xiao!" Aether said, while writing something down "we're just doing some jobs for some teachers and students" Lumine said rather hurriedly "you guys seem to be really stressed I wish I could help...." Xiao said worried about his 2 friends "oh actually! About that I was supposed to show a new student around  today, but I don't really have time and Aethers got even more stuff to do than me" she said that last part giving a worried glance to her brother "soooo" Lumine said with a smirk "let me guess... you want me to show this new person around since you two are to busy..." Xiao said with a sort of expecting tone "yep!! You got it!!" Aether said in a much calmer tone than before "just make sure to tell the principal before you do so they know!!!" Lumine shouted, as Xiao started walking down the hallway

———————————

Xiao pov

As I walked into principal Jeans office I saw a boy in the corner of my eye I assumed he was the new student "oh, hello there Xiao did you need something?" Ms. Jean said "Lumine said neither her or Aether could help show the new the student around and I had asked if could help them with something earlier... so Lumine asked if I could help show the new student around instead" I said as I avoided my gaze from who must be the new student, and directed it at ms. Jean "that's perfectly fine Xiao, thanks for filling in for Lumine, anyways this is the new student" she said kindly gesturing to beside boy her.

"It was the boy I saw at the park earlier" I thought to myself "anyways introduce yourself" ms. Jean whispered  encouragingly to the boy "Hiya! I'm venti  nice to meet you!" He said cheerfully

Word 1340

A/N

Okay so not much was actually written about venti but that word count damn- anyways I apologise if anyone was ooc or if there were any grammar or punctuation errors anyways it's like 2:23 AM rn so I'm gonna go to sleep if anyone reads this I hope you enjoyed chapter 1 I'll probally update this tomorrow since there's a lot more I have to write but it's like 2 am and it would definitely be worth more than one chapter so anyways hoped anyone who reads this enjoys or if you wanna send me death threats for shipping xiaoven, yantao, or ganqing be my guest anyways im gonna go sleep to now