Ch. 6 - Love You For A Long Time

Love You For A Long Time - Maggie Rogers

"You know that I could never make this up, I found the reason I'm not giving up... And if devotion is a river, then I'm floating away."

--

Y/N's POV

I woke up with Lizzie's back to me, hearing her soft snores coming out of her nose. I could listen to those snores forever. They were just loud enough to be audible and they brought a smile to my face every time I heard them.

I shifted over so that I was half-way hovering above her body, taking in how her features were softened under the spell that is sleep. Her hair was fanned out on the pillow behind her almost perfectly. She looked like a damn painting. The most perfect work of art, each stroke of the brush capturing her perfectly, and made just for me.

I sighed as my heart felt completely content just looking at her. I was so utterly, irrevocably in love with this woman and every time that thought hit me, it hit me like a fucking frieght train. It was enough to take my breath away and, if I were to think about it too hard, I always got emotional.

Shaking myself out of my daze, I reached forward to move some hair out of her face and saw how the movement of the fine material sliding across her nose made it scrunch up adorably.

Oh, fuck me she even does it when she's sleeping. I can't handle her cuteness sometimes.

I giggle to myself before closing the distance between us and placing a soft kiss on her head. I slid to the edge of the bed and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. When I walked back out, I grabbed my hoodie and threw it on so I could go downstairs and be social.

However, I didn't notice that while I was in there, Lizzie had shifted her body so that she was facing the door and was waiting for me to walk out.

"Y/N Y/L/N I swear to God if you leave me in here again I will physically harm you."

Being caught off guard at being threatened with bodily harm so early in the morning, I placed my hand over my heart and looked at her with confusion written all over my face.

"Lizzie, baby. Why are we choosing violence so early in the morning?"

She sat up so she could look at me better and said firmly. "I'm tired of waking up alone. You did it yesterday and I'm feeling neglected. At least tell me before you leave."

My heart constricted at how cute she was being and I couldn't help the small grin that spread over my features as I conceded to her wishes.

I walked back to the bed and flopped down on my stomach between her legs, wrapping my arms around her waist. She let out a huff and started running her fingers through my hair, making me let out a low moan in pleasure.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

I grinned against her thigh and said, "I'm sorry baby. I don't ever want to be the cause of you feeling neglected. I promise I will at least tell you where I'm going before I leave the room."

"Thank you." She replied. I could hear the grin in her voice so I craned my neck to look up at her. "Good morning."

"Morning, love." I said with a lazy smile. "You look so beautiful."

"I just woke up." She said, chuckling.

"Doesn't matter." I mumbled into her leg as I cuddled my face back into her.

We sat there in that position for a little while longer before her phone vibrated on the nightstand table. I felt her lean over to grab the device and check on the notification. Lizzie spoke up again, clearing her throat nervously.