Ch. 38 - Young At Heart

Young At Heart - Milo Greene

"Well, if you hold me till the lights go out, I'll hold you in the dark. We're young at heart."

--

Y/N's POV

"Lizzie," I whispered as sweetly as possible, but she didn't budge. It was still pretty early, and I knew she would be pissed that I woke her up before her alarm, but I had already been awake for thirty minutes and I couldn't wait any longer. "Lizzie," I called again, dragging her name out in a higher pitched voice. "Love of my life." I whisper-sang, except this time, it was answered with sweet giggles.

"What do you want?" She groaned into her pillow. However, I could see the smile she was trying to hide peek through.

"We gotta get up!" I exclaimed, still trying to be as quiet as I could but with all of the excitement coursing through my veins, it was really fucking hard.

Groaning again, Lizzie stuffed her face back into the pillow. "Five more minutes."

"No!" I answered as I stood on the bed, straddled her body and started bouncing up and down to wake her up.

Lizzie flipped onto her back to look up and lightly scold me. "Y/N stop. I have to pee and you're shaking me around."

"Then get up!" I said, still bouncing.

"How the hell am I meant to get up when you're doing this?"

"Fair point." I replied, looking down at her and smirking. "But you're a smart girl." I said, stopping my bouncing. "You'll figure it out."

Tilting her head in a challenging way, she suddenly reached up, karate chopped the back of my knees so that I fell, both hitting on either side of her hips as I let out a surprised squeal.

"Hey!" I said, still in a surprised state after feeling like I was free falling.

"I like this better." She said, sliding her hands up and down my thighs and biting her bottom lip.

"Stop," I said in a warning tone. "We have places to be and you know I have a hard time controlling myself when you look at me like that."

"Who said you have to?" She quipped back, teasingly.

"Our excursion that starts in an hour and half says so."

Groaning, she replied. "Fine. But, I'm only letting you off the hook since I know you're so excited and I would feel like shit if I made you late."

"I love you." I said, leaning down to quickly peck her lips before running into the bathroom to brush my teeth, grinning as I heard her yell "I love you, too," from her spot in the bedroom.

Lizzie and I got dressed quickly as I had already picked my outfit out the night before. The shark jaw shirt and matching hat that Lizzie got me a while back, and, of course, the bikini underneath as well. Lizzie got dressed in a one piece breathing suit with a flowy top on and some jean shorts and sandals and we left the house.

Lizzie's family friend was kind enough to drive us around today since we had no idea how to drive on the left side of the road. I found out his name is Natas and he lives twenty minutes inland with his wife and three kids. We all fell into comfortable conversation and I was really enjoying myself.

"Why are you wearing a bathing suit?" I said, teasing Lizzie as I nudged her side.

"Because we're going on a boat?" She replied, looking very confused at my question.

"Yeah, but you said you're not getting in the water. You'd only need a bathing suit if you were getting in the water." I replied with a grin.

"I am not getting in that shark infested water, Y/N."