Chapter Seventeen

*Angel's POV*

Was I dreaming or hallucinating? Was this some kind of trick my mind was playing with me? This must be some kind of joke.

My best friend, who was the only one who was there for me whenever people bullied me, left me all alone.

I never had a chance to ask her because after a few weeks after I tried to commit suicide, she ignored me, left me.

The worst part of all, she sided with the fake b!tches. Yeah, you guessed it right, Chanelle's little clan.

I felt my blood boil inside my body as anger arose in me, "I have to go." I said through gritted teeth, grabbing Cato's hand.

"Stop! Wait, please Ari! Let me explain!" Rilee begged, grabbing my arm.

"Explain? You should have done that a long time ago!" I shouted, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.

By now, a few people were looking at the little scene that was playing in front of them, but of course, I did not care.

"I'm so sorry! Please! I only did it to protect you!" She pleaded, now tears were freely falling down her cheeks.

"Protect me? Of what huh?" I said, glaring at her. She better be thankful that looks can't kill people.

"Chanelle blackmailed me. That if I keep on protecting you from them, she would kill you with no mercy." She whispered, crying her eyes out.

My body stiffened, all the blood that was flowing freely from my body had come to a complete stop.

She would kill you with no mercy.

I shuddered at what Rilee had said.

I had so much hatred toward Rilee after siding with Chanelle's clique, but now that I know what the real truth was, it was as if a weight on my shoulders had been lifted up.

"I'm so sorry, Ari." Rilee threw herself on me and hugged me so tight whilst crying.

I slowly wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly, letting the tears out my eyes.

How I missed my best friend so much!

"It's okay, I understand now." I comforted her.

After long hours of spending our time under the warm heat of the sun at the waterpark, all of us decided to grab dinner.

Turns out Rilee was with her group of friends. I tell you, they were extremely awesome and fun to be with!

We were like 10 people in all, but the other three left since they were college students and needed to do there assignments.

"Where do you wanna eat, babe?" My boyfriend asked, holding my hand and kissed my left cheek.

"How about McDonald's? Kinda craving for their delicious fries." I said, grinning like a kid.

"Ey, ey, ey, wait up!" Ri dramatically said, her hands doing some weird gestures.

"You and Cato are together? Oh holy hell, I knew it! I always had the feeling that both of you would actually end up together one day." She explained, smiling at me happily.

"How can you tell?" I asked, sticking my tongue out at her.

"Oh you know how the old saying says, The more you hate a person, the more you will love them."

I rolled my eyes at her silliness. She never changed. She was still her bubbly self.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, blushing deeply.

"I love you, baby." Cato whispered in my ear, making my ovaries go wild!

"I love you more." I replied, and he smiled with those cute dimples showing. He looked down at me with so much love in his eyes.

He slowly leaned in, pressing his mouth on mine as electricty shot through me. I was surprised I didn't get electrocuted.

"Hey baby." An unfamiliar voice said, as a guy stood beside Rilee and gave her a short, sweet kiss on her cheek.

"Hey," Ri blushed deeply, pecking him on the lips.

"Guys, this is my boyfriend, Hans. Hans, these are my friends." She introduced us and we all pretty much got well together.

Hans is a really sweet, funny, handsome gentleman and I know, he would never hurt Rilee.

And our day went amazing, I didn't expect it to be, but it went well.

--

IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ.

Guys! Sorry for the late chapter and short chapter as well. Anyway, it's Summer for me already! Yaaay. I'll try to update more often :* any who, the next chapter will be the last chapter. The Epilogue. Yes, you read it right. I decided to end this book already and concentrate on my other books. but you never know, I might make a sequel to this :P  watch out for the last chapter! I will truly miss writing this :'( please help me by commenting, voting and sharing this and my other stories! It would mean soooo much to me! Love you guys

- Skyla xo