t w o

Izana could not believe that he actually agreed to go with you

Izana could not believe that he actually agreed to go with you. He casts his eyes on the figure in front of him, skipping gleefully as if the world around her doesn't look like a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie.

The streets were almost empty and silent. The twenty-year-old male felt like if he were to drop a needle right now, the sound of it would resonate throughout the city. The gloomy and cold weather wasn't helping either, it only made everything feel eerie.

"Zana! You're too slow! The place where we're going will close at this rate!" you yelled to the male who was dragging his feet a few meters behind you.

And despite everything, someone still looks like she's on a field trip or something.

He facepalmed just by the mere thought of trying to see the world through (L/n) (Y/n)'s eyes.

"You're so noisy (L/n).  The other side of the world could hear you."

"(L/n), (L/n), (L/n)," you repeated mockingly. "Zana, why won't you call me by my name anymore?" you stopped in your tracks before turning around to face him.

The young man, stopped as well, keeping the distance between the two of you.

"I-" he trailed off before averting his lilac irises away from your gaze, "Why would ?"

"Pft- well duh Zana, it's not like we're enemies or anything. We may be exes, but that doesn't erase the fact that I grew up beside you for more than a decade. Did you hate me when I left you?"

Ouch.

Izana felt pain shoot through his chest. If he was being honest right now, he badly wanted to scream Yes, but for some reason, something compelled him not to.

He didn't remember much about the details of your break-up nor the reason behind it. Though he was sure that his past actions led to it. At that time where his relationship with you was at its most critical, he was so blinded by hate and revenge that he had you pushed away and hurt a lot of people around him.

He had hurt the two people that mattered to him the most—you and Kakucho Hitto

Not to mention, he had treated both of you poorly. In contrast, you and Kakucho had always revolved around him, as if he were the most precious thing in the world. It was years until he had realized that he didn't deserve either of you.

That's why as much as he hated you for leaving, he didn't hate you. He knew well that was one thing that he couldn't do.

He gave a small, bitter smile, "As always, your mouth knows no filter huh?"

"Don't you find my brutal honesty charming?"

"Annoying is the word, actually."

You squinted our eyes at him, "What a liar. Anyway, are you curious where we're going?"